Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Otters in Wick?

Default Otters in Wick?

I've seen otters between Reiss and Keiss playing in the dunes a few years ago and wondered if any had been seen on the river through Wick this year. Or maybe along the coast in the Wick area. I would love to get some photoes of this illusive animal.

Smile

Seen one in the burn that runs from wick river up through lower gillock farm last week.

Default otters in harbour

I saw an otter in Wick harbour in Jan. About 50 yds from the launderette. I've been told the salmon parr come down the river at this time - I asked the keeper about this because I saw a Gannet fly through town up river at the same time.

Default Photos

Forgot to say if you want pics and aren;t fussy about location try Thurso town centre - I've seen as many as 3 at once - from the surf cafe up to bridge - theres a overhang outside the surf cafe, they stand on the sewarage pipe quite often.

Often see them between the life boat shed and the quarry at the south head.

thanx for the information i shall have to check out the surf cafe next time i pop into thurso (smithp) i daresay i will get chance to explore the burn sooner so i will keep em peeled and see if i can get a few shots of them