Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PERTH

it has a great chinese, dont ask me the name of it, cant remember , but i nearly got kicked out one night, too drunk

Quote Originally Posted by 2little2late
    I know this probably isn't the right place to ask, but am moving to Perth (Scotland) does anyone have any info about the place?
    I see that the original posts on this thread are over three years old. 2little2late did you ever get to Perth and if so what got you back to Wick?

It was fabulous reading the thread with its familiar org names and hearing the thoughts of those people as they were three years ago.

Perth - "The Fair City" - Hmph! With its Motor Mile? Double Hmph!
    Ahead of Dundee though IMHO.

"A family tree can wither if nobody tends it's roots"

I really like Perth, one of my best firends has a trekking centre near Scone. I think you are quite right moving away if that is what you feel you want do. I have lived in several places, although I've stayed here for nearly 15 years. I think this is a nice place to bring up kids, but yep I could quite happily stay around the Perth area.

Ill tell ye what Perth has & Wick Hasnt, A choice of nightlife, Ice factory Vs Jockys Barn dance. Perth wins 10-0.
    The Waterfront is a dump, no excuses, a dump . Perth will have more than one club, so Perth wins this 1

scrapydoo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by willowbankbear
    Ill tell ye what Perth has & Wick Hasnt, A choice of nightlife, Ice factory Vs Jockys Barn dance. Perth wins 10-0.
    The Waterfront is a dump, no excuses, a dump . Perth will have more than one club, so Perth wins this 1
    Yes i you got that right willowbankbear but the fact that the waterfront is a dump ,I bet it does'nt stop you from going from time to time.

Not been for year & a half, stay in the pub. What about ye ankle biter

scrapydoo Guest

Me are you mad , why waste £5 on that rubbish i have not been in about 2 years.

Oh and less of the ankle biter i have been known to eat bears for lunch !!!!!!!!

Nah, irritate bears ye mean Why dont you go there then? I prefer Skinandis, better night out, still not as good as Perth though.

Dobbies Garden World between the two roundabouts at Perth is pretty good for your garden needs and a good stop for a coffee and food if you are on the way south.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by 2little2late
    . Also, the cost of living is very expensive.
    Wait untill you buy a house in Perth before knocking the cost of living in Caithness.....

I have moved many times and lived in two European Capitals, various touristic mecas and a few backwaters of way and beyond. Right now I am in one of them: Wick. It has its draw backs but many, many advantages as well. No place ever ticks all the boxes and a person has to try find the one that best fits them. I can promise you Perth will not be the perfection you expect.
    Besides man does not live of shopping alone. Evaluating the place you live ( and have probably lived your whole life) solely on the places you can shop..... seems very superficial (at least to me).

Herman Hesse ( I think) : "Home is neither here nor there. Home is where I hang my hat" (was it in "Portrait of an artist as a young man"?????
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing

Quote Originally Posted by canuck
    I see that the original posts on this thread are over three years old. 2little2late did you ever get to Perth and if so what got you back to Wick?

It was fabulous reading the thread with its familiar org names and hearing the thoughts of those people as they were three years ago.
    Some things stay the same, whilst others change:
    • 2little2late berated Caithness but three years down the line he lives in Wick (apparently);
    • Squidge waxed lyrically about Caithness but three years down the line she doesn't.
    And we're all still talking about flippin' shops!

FWIW I quite like Perth.
    Last edited by DrSzin; 16-Aug-06 at 19:12.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSzin
    FWIW I quite like Perth.
    So do I Dr, I lived in the Carse of Gowrie area from 1946 to 56
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Errol/East Inchmichael??

Quote Originally Posted by Kingetter
    Errol/East Inchmichael??
    Abernyte, Pitroddie, Inchture
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Nae sae bad. I had friends in East Inchmichael.

Smile Scenic

Perth has a lovely little theatre, and there's also a lovely scenic run through to Pitlochry, which also has a theatre. En route, you pass a famous view much admired by Queen Victoria. The winters can be sharp though and snow can lie for some time, but really the scenery is hard to beat. If you do decide to move, I hope you will enjoy a good measure of contentment.

Agreed, the Perthshire countryside is wonderful. And it's only 20-odd miles to Dundee, or an hour to Edinburgh if you want a bigger-city experience for a day.

I think I could live there quite happily - even though it's not near the sea.
    Last edited by DrSzin; 18-Aug-06 at 15:43.

Noah's ark indoor entertainment complex fantastic for all ages, but the indoor play area keeps my ones 8,5&3 going for hours well wroth the money. good food very reasonable prices, little pottery shop for bored mums, go-karting for older ones, outdoor big trampolines for kids and the list goes on
    well worth popping into

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12