Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PERTH

Default PERTH

I know this probably isn't the right place to ask, but am moving to Perth (Scotland) does anyone have any info about the place?

Yes i can tell you that it is at the next REALLY big roundabout after you leave Inverness.

And i found it has a new Macdonalds and a petrol station where you can sit in and have coffee. Clean loos there too

Hope that helps

they hev a Caithness Glass place and a fitba team called St Johnstown

And the most exciting thing about Perth is the bypass that lets you get up to Caithness faster!

I wonder if the original poster is gradually getting the idea that Scotland isn't a small Northern county of England but actually quite a big country, where Perth is down in the middle and Caithness is way up at the top of the map, and frankly we Caitness people don't really know much about the place, nor care to.

Quote Originally Posted by George Brims
    And the most exciting thing about Perth is the bypass that lets you get up to Caithness faster!

The point is I am getting away from Caithness

Default perth

I moved to Perth, from Thurso, 7 years ago to go to college. Then moved to Luton for a year and have been back in Perth for 5 years. I find it okay nice size within easy reach of the greenbelt cities and a nice drive home to caithness.
    Which part of Perth are you moving to?

Default perth

Perth would take the sting out of death...

Default A wee bonnet

Deacon Blues got the hump
    He thinks Caithness is a dump
    When he gets to Perth
    And considers his fate
    He will find its all too late
    The troubles he thought he left behind
    Will still be with him when he tries to unwind
    Now
    Perths the dump
    And
    Deacon Blues still got the hump.

Spot on, gleeber. It seems that deacon blue's emotional baggage has been packed and waiting by the door for a long time. Surely it will come to Perth with him.

Another thought for deacon blue: Sometimes folks speak ill of a place when they are loath to leave it, it can make the separation easier. I wonder what you will think of Caithness in one year from now.

Quote Originally Posted by htwood
    Sometimes folks speak ill of a place when they are loath to leave it, it can make the separation easier. I wonder what you will think of Caithness in one year from now.
    My feelings will be exactly the same then as they are now.
    Tell me one good thing Caithness has got that Perth hasn't?
    If you had to convince someone to stay in Caithness how would you convince them?
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Anonymous Guest

Only one good thing.......okay lets start with a coast line.

I go to Perth every year. I like it a lot but it's always nice to get back home to Caithness.

Quote Originally Posted by deacon blue
    If you had to convince someone to stay in Caithness how would you convince them?
    I would look them in the eye, pat them on the shoulder and tell them

"its okay sweetie.... Deacon Blue doesnt live here any more"

That should make them smile and be so pleased they would stay FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a serious note.........

I sat on Reiss beach last weekend and looked around me and wondered why i ever thought i would leave Caithness. Watching the sunset last night i wondered why i ever thought i would leave Caithness, Being on the receiving end of the sort of kindness from a stranger i have only ever found here i wondered why i ever thought I would leave Caithness, Watching the rain march across the county wiht the contrast of sunshine and clouds i wondered why i ever thought i would leave caithness, Seeing my boy going out safely to play with his friends and not worrying about him i wondered why i ever thought i would leave Caithness, Walking down a street in a city with my bag clutched tightly to my side i wondered why i ever thought i would leave caithness, listening to the traffic news on the radio in a morning i wondered wy i ever thought i would leave Caithness......................................... ..................................... and on and on and on and on

Seems to me when peole are so vociferous about disliking a place it seems to be more about disliking themselves in a place which is quite a different thing

like geo perth is fine but i do like getting up to caithness. Hubby is from Fort William and we never go there much as he would rather go up to Caithness, not enough to move back up though.

Quote Originally Posted by denise
    not enough to move back up though.
    Exactly my point. It is lacking quite a few amenities. "Shop local" I have heard people say.
    What for? I find it very difficult trying to buy things we need up here. No wonder a lot of people travel further south to do their shopping. If the people of Wick want people to shop local then do something about it. Encourage businesses to move up here instead of shunning them. Also, the cost of living is very expensive.
    Don't bother saying that's because we live so far north.
    Exploitation!!!
    Because we live so far north retailers take advantage, knowing the only place to do any decent shopping is Inverness. Not everyone can afford to travel south so instead they slap prices up knowing there is no choice," If you really need it then you will buy it anyway".

[quote] It is lacking quite a few amenities. "Shop local" I have heard people say.

Deacon,
    my young brother stays in Perth and has to come to Edinburgh to get a simple thing like a CO2 refill for his Soda Stream because there are no suppliers in Perth.
    I lived near Perth from the age of 6 till 16 beacuse my Father worked on the farms down in the Carse of Gowrie.
    But where did he take us kids on holiday Caithness thats where and we loved it.
    I could go on and on but I willna

Golach

At least Edinburgh is only 45 minutes from Perth

Just Outside The Gateway To Hell 3rd House On The Left

Perhaps we should all chip in for a taxi to the bus station for deacon blue nice parting gift and all that ???

I feel so sorry for Deacon Blue! I've just had a long walk around Wick, and stopped every so often for a blether with various folk who kindly asked after a sick relative. The sun was shining, there were birds siinging in the trees, and there were loads of kids, some quite young, playing safely in the play park with no need for adult supervision. When I got home I realsied I had forgotten to lock the door when I went out, but it didn't matter because where we live the neighbours look out for one another and a stranger or someone shifty would have been quickly spotted. Tomorrow if its fine I'm going for a long walk at Reiss beach where the sand is clean and the water isn't full of sewage.

There isn't anywhere else as friendly and safe as Caithness and yes, the shops don't have all we want but even those who can't make it to Inverness will have a friendly neighbour who will get it on their next trip down, and with the Internet and catalogues you needn't be stuck. There are loads of clubs, swimming pools, sports facilities, bowling, cinema and even quality amateur drama, which incidentally, has been voted best in Britain twice.

Poor Deacon Blue, one day you will find out what is real value in life, but in the meantime, enjoy Perth and I hope it gives you all you think you want

Default perth

The reason i would move to caithness is for a slower way of live as for the further south you go the faster the way of life gets ,And life is short as it is, So employment keeps me here so if i find a job in caithness i would sell my house and move up their for a slower life

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast