Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: James McVean - the new JK Rowling?

Default James McVean - the new JK Rowling?

Thought that would make you laugh, James. Piece is out today. Hope it helps in some way.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/ed...6908-20383934/

just read the article and its good

well done james....
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

Thurso - and the Fantasy City of Darkhaven...

Default Today's Daily Record

Hey All....

I just thought I would share more good news...lol

Today there is a piece about me and my books in the Scottish Daily Record!!

Full page colour...with a pic of me signing a book...

Cheers

James

Good on ye!

Pepsi, you do know JK Rowling is still with us?

Just checking.

Quote Originally Posted by Boozeburglar View Post
    Good on ye!

Pepsi, you do know JK Rowling is still with us?

Just checking.

JK is no longer new. In fact, she's finished. Make way for McVean, McVean coming through. Thank-you.

Great article, Pepsi. Here's hoping James is on his way to his first billion!

Cheers folks....When I do make my first million, I will remember my friends here on the Org! An invite to the movie premier and a free bar! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcVean View Post
    Cheers folks....When I do make my first million, I will remember my friends here on the Org! An invite to the movie premier and a free bar! LOL
    congratulatios on your books well done i have read your first book and it was really good your neighbour, congrats and i hope you will have many more books or even a film out all the best your neighbour kathy.

I read the bit in the paper today... there were a couple of bits that made me laugh. Well done James

well done james...do we get half priced signed first editions?...just asking
    The miracle is not to fly in the air,
    or to walk on the water,but to walk on the earth.

ciderally,
    The first editions of book1 are sold out mate...but got first eds of Book2 and Gaia's Sword...and some really good 2nd eds of Book1 Illustrated and revised...dunno bout the half price, but I can do it for you at cost plus postage...lol

Cheers

James

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcVean View Post
    ciderally,
    The first editions of book1 are sold out mate...but got first eds of Book2 and Gaia's Sword...and some really good 2nd eds of Book1 Illustrated and revised...dunno bout the half price, but I can do it for you at cost plus postage...lol

Cheers

James
    ah i will have to settle on book2 ...as i have a few books but want a first ed..
    as long as its a signed copy....not asking much am i well you never know...could be worth a fortune in a few years down the road...
    The miracle is not to fly in the air,
    or to walk on the water,but to walk on the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    JK is no longer new. In fact, she's finished. Make way for McVean, McVean coming through. Thank-you.
    Here, here, a very good piece Pepsi, some nice exposure for James. Well done !

Thanks again all,

Ciderally, what did you think of the Ebook I sent?

Anyone else interested in a free read drop me a PM...no probs

James

I saw one of your books and didnae realise it was ye.I'll give it a try.Barry Gordon................ahhh right I get it now.JK Rowling took me away fae listening to music and reading books.I'll give ye a shot James,I cannae judge cos I've not read yer books yet,but I'll come back to ye.Aw the best anyway.
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

James just for ye.I spent two years on a Saturday spending time wi four pals on the days of Dungeon and Dragons.We were seen as some as geeks and weirdos.Couldnae give a tosh,ma imagination was developed in these two years.Fair enough I grew out of it cos I met girls and beer.Still rate Boris Vanjello as one of the greatest artists ever to live.I still love fantasy,cos Peter Jackson did the best in Lord of the Rings than ever could be perceived by J.R.R Tolkein.The Harry Potter Films..............good.But the books are brilliant!!!
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

Ced...

I have never played D&D but am a newbie on WoW online...and I have NEVER read JK Rowling...But saw one or two of the films...

I take most of my Inspiration from reading LOTS of authors and not just fantasy either...I love thrillers to - John Connolly, Stephen Leather, Jeffrey Deaver...to name but a few...Recently I rediscovered Stephen Donaldson's Chronicles of Thomas Covenant...He has a new series out...the first in 20 yrs...The Last Chronicles of Thomas Conenant....Really superb stuff...Also really rate A.A.Attanasio for fantasy and Scifi

Cheers

James