Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Points and green squares

Default Points and green squares

Just wondering how the points are worked out when you give someone positive or indeed negative rep?
    Spring has sprung, the grass is ris', I wonder where the birdies is, the birdies is on d' wing, now thats absurd, everyone knows d' wing is on d' bird

Question Does no one know?

Does no one know how the green squares are pointed?
    Spring has sprung, the grass is ris', I wonder where the birdies is, the birdies is on d' wing, now thats absurd, everyone knows d' wing is on d' bird

Question

Still doesn't help, I still don't know why I might get 3 points from one good rep suggestion and maybe 10 another time. No logic. Help!!! Niall and co whats going on?

Quote Originally Posted by mccaugm View Post
    Still doesn't help, I still don't know why I might get 3 points from one good rep suggestion and maybe 10 another time. No logic. Help!!! Niall and co whats going on?
    Basically, the more rep you have, the more "weight" your rep carries when you give it.
    WeeBurd.

And why are the squares two different shades of green sometimes?

karia Guest

Default Reps and the like!

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret M. View Post
    And why are the squares two different shades of green sometimes?
    Hi Margaret,

Haven't a clue if this will answer your questions but I think that the 'wee light green boxes' only appear after you have already attained 5 rep squares (dark green)..and it saves the eyes on counting..also the 'boxes' become twice as hard to get after a certain point around the 5/6 box mark as you need double the amounts of points to get a new box..hence the differential...and the halo effect....

Clear as mud probably!

Hope you are well and I really appreciated your kind comments viz a vie my mam.

Kind Regards

Kariaxxx

Quote Originally Posted by karia View Post
    Clear as mud probably!
    Not at all, and now that you have explained it, it looks kinda obvious.

Thanks, Karia!

Default 1000 rep points....

I have over 1000 rep points but only 8 squares, I thought it was 100 points = a green box. Confused!!!!

Haha! Often wondered - glad it is a nice easy system to follow! Think I will just be glad if I get any rep and indeed my green boxes increase! Who loves ya baby?