Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Astronot CD

Thurso - and the Fantasy City of Darkhaven...

Default New Astronot CD

Hello there,

I was lucky enough to get hold of a copy from the lads pre launch party, as I was due to go away to work for a couple of weeks...

I ripped it into MP3 and loaded it into my player...

Sure I had heard their previous CD and a demo of a couple of tracks...

But this is a more polished and finished disc

The tracks are in a word - Superb

I have heard that they are selling the Disc for £3 and I think I am gonna try and get hold of a few more copies as I am going to send them to friends and family...

If you like Rock and wanna support a future light in the darkness of mediocre pop...then GET THIS DISC!

Congratulations on a brilliant Debut lads

James

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcVean View Post
    Hello there,

I was lucky enough to get hold of a copy from the lads pre launch party, as I was due to go away to work for a couple of weeks...

I ripped it into MP3 and loaded it into my player...

Sure I had heard their previous CD and a demo of a couple of tracks...

But this is a more polished and finished disc

The tracks are in a word - Superb

I have heard that they are selling the Disc for £3 and I think I am gonna try and get hold of a few more copies as I am going to send them to friends and family...

If you like Rock and wanna support a future light in the darkness of mediocre pop...then GET THIS DISC!

Congratulations on a brilliant Debut lads

James
    I would agree with James. In my humble opinion the album is the best I have ever heard from a Highlands based band.

Reminds me of early Therapy? and The Almighty, even the vocals sound sampled from Paranoid-era Sabbath. Where did you get the 80s metal riffs from? McVean and Metalattakk? I think they have the sole rights on those. Good stuff though all the same, lads. Quick question: how do you decide on what shade of black to put on in the morning?

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    Where did you get the 80s metal riffs from?
    The 80's... obviously!

Good stuff though all the same, lads. Quick question: how do you decide on what shade of black to put on in the morning?
    Depends what mood we're in. Melancholy, i'd probably wear black.
    Depressed, again, probably black. We find if we wear black it makes our personality seem less dull. You should try it, Pepsi.

Quote Originally Posted by theboss View Post

Depends what mood we're in. Melancholy, i'd probably wear black.
    Depressed, again, probably black. We find if we wear black it makes our personality seem less dull. You should try it, Pepsi.
    Charcoal-gray is the new black - ain't you heard?

Charcoal-gray is the new black - ain't you heard?
    Damn. I must've missed that issue of GQ. Thank god you're here to keep us up-to-date on the latest trends Pepsi

Until you learn to play each song of your live set with a different coloured guitar, am out, sorry. As for those pseudo Cinderella riffs - get yourselves a Jack White-endorsed POG and I'll make sure Carl Thomas Keifer doesn't find out about y'all. Agreed?

Until you learn to play each song of your live set with a different coloured guitar, am out, sorry. As for those pseudo Cinderella riffs - get yourselves a Jack White-endorsed POG and I'll make sure Carl Thomas Keifer doesn't find out about y'all. Agreed?
    Why would we need a POG? We have a bass player!

Wink Own Up Who Is It

Ok lads good tunes, but which one of you is in to Genesis? track 4s intro is very like Follow you follow me.

Quote Originally Posted by theboss View Post
    Why would we need a POG? We have a bass player!
    Yeah, but bass doesn't look cool I mean, you're all about being cool, right?

Quote Originally Posted by fingalmacool View Post
    Ok lads good tunes, but which one of you is in to Genesis? track 4s intro is very like Follow you follow me.
    As a matter of fact, I actually really liked Genesis at one stage in my life. Don't tell anyone though

I didn't write the guitar line though, and I don't think Jeid was/is a Genesis fan. Could be wrong though...

Yeah, but bass doesn't look cool I mean, you're all about being cool, right?
    Well of course we are. I mean at the end of the day, what's the point in being in a band if you're not cool? Oh to hell with it, you're right Pepsi! Think we'll bin the bass and add "James Brown is Annie" to our list of influences.

There's a good lad.

There's a good lad.
    Finally, acceptance from Pepsi! We can all rest easy tonight boys!

Just stay away fae drainpipes and Metalattakk's record collection and you'll do all right.

Hey, there's nothing wrong wi' Krokus, Diamond Head and Manowar! Gie yersel' a shoogle, chek.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

I agree with you wholeheartedly. But then am no longer 16-years-old.

lawnmowerdeth.org

Seriously: I think you're mistaking me for a certain big-lugged former resident of Thurso. Lawnmowerdeth - as if.

I'd never limit you to Lawnmower Deth, have shame. Gwar, Sacred Reich and Carcass would be much more applicable surely.

Glad to admit to never having owned a single piece of music by any of those 'bands'.

But so as not to spoil your fun, please continue to take the thread even further off-topic by your feeble attempts to pigeon-hole my musical tastes.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast