Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: next day delivery

Default next day delivery

Well its not very often that we're impressed by a delivery service but Royal mail for all its faults certainly impressed us this week.
    Thursday morning orded a new phone on line from Vodafone came Friday lunchtime in the post.
    Friday ordered a part for the landrover from Paddocks came today in the mail.
    Courier delivery would have it still sitting in Inverness,and cost us an extra £5
    Argos took four weeks to deliver a bed by courier.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

i dont know how some companies can get stuff to your door the next day and others take weeks.
    i ordered something from tesco direct on sunday and was told would be delivered thursday past, even got a text to tell me i would recieve it between 8am and 6pm. so waited in all day and guess what. no delivery was made. i phoned up and demanded my postage back which i got. i dont see why i should pay for a delivery i didnt get when i was told i would. and the delivery still aint here.

Default Well done to postie

It restores your faith in human nature when you a good story for a change.

I ordered new dance wear for my daughter and it came the next day, that was Royal Mail.But when a courier brought a small parcel last month it took 5 days!Supposedly next day delivery, only from inverness! So all for Royal Mail

Ordered a birthday card from moonpig.com 2pm Thursday and it arrived in post Friday. Pretty good considering it comes from Channel Isles!

Thurso.. or is it Wales? Not sure, what day of the week is it?

A few weeks ago I orderd stuff online on a Monday night. Got an email on the Tuesday saying it had been dispatched. It arrived the Thursday. When I got home from work I checked the order and noticed something missing. Called the company at about 4:30, and they said they'd sent it out.

Got home next night and the package was there from Royal Mail with the missing stuff! Was well impressed!

Castletown (N58deg 35.240/W003deg 22.839)

Angry Royal Mail??

Well, I posted 2 easter cards (recorded delivery) to my grandaughter in England on the 14th March and they still haven't been delivered! Every time I go onto website it says "Come Back Later - your item has not been delivered". I need to send items this way as proof of me sending as I don't have contact with her so I can't just phone up and ask if she received them. Are they ever likely to arrive??

Quote Originally Posted by doyle View Post
    Well, I posted 2 easter cards (recorded delivery) to my grandaughter in England on the 14th March and they still haven't been delivered! Every time I go onto website it says "Come Back Later - your item has not been delivered". I need to send items this way as proof of me sending as I don't have contact with her so I can't just phone up and ask if she received them. Are they ever likely to arrive??
    Recorded mail goes by mainstream post just the same as 1st or 2nd class - the only advantage is that you can check its been signed for. However, if no-one is in, it won't get delivered and they will have to collect it - which they may or may not do. I knew someone who wouldn't collect signed for goods as it was usually debt letters (not saying this is the case in this situation) but maybe its possible that they are away on holiday.

I think it is 2 weeks or maybe 3 weeks that they keep it in the sorting office before it would be returned to you (assuming you have the senders address on the back)

Not saying that its not lost, but it might not be Royal Mail at fault .....?

Royal Mail can be brilliant - I've posted something at 4pm in South London and got a very surprised email from Orkney at 10.30am the next day saying it had just been delivered!

I posted a package by Royal Mail to Castletown a few months ago at 3pm, it was in Castletown the next day. If addressed and wrapped properly then the majority of Royal Mail deliveries are good
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by henry20 View Post
    Recorded mail goes by mainstream post just the same as 1st or 2nd class - the only advantage is that you can check its been signed for. However, if no-one is in, it won't get delivered and they will have to collect it - which they may or may not do. I knew someone who wouldn't collect signed for goods as it was usually debt letters (not saying this is the case in this situation) but maybe its possible that they are away on holiday.

I think it is 2 weeks or maybe 3 weeks that they keep it in the sorting office before it would be returned to you (assuming you have the senders address on the back)

Not saying that its not lost, but it might not be Royal Mail at fault .....?
    I ususally rate the Royal Mail but anytime I have sent items recorded delivery they have not been recieved. This is particulary frustrating when I sent a cheque for goods from Ebay, my cheque arrived back at my own house about 3 weeks later. The seller was getting very angry and I could do nothing about it. Royal Mail say the delay must be a minimum of a fortnight. What good is that?

Couriers have the attitude "your past Inverness therefore you are no longer on the mainland"...arrgghhh. Or the attitude of suppliers, your past Inverness so we will charge you a supplement.
    Spring has sprung, the grass is ris', I wonder where the birdies is, the birdies is on d' wing, now thats absurd, everyone knows d' wing is on d' bird

I get my ink cartridges from the Channel Isles, I ordered them on line the morning 27th February, an hour later got an email to say there 'were shipped' and they were here (the Far North) the 28th Feb, Royal Mail well done!

Don't know if people have noticed in Post Offices notices that tell us that X% of First Class mail was delivered next day etc? I used to wonder how they actually knew this.. Well for quite a while I was a Panellist with Research International who carry out postal surveys on behalf of Royal Mail (Royal Mail Surveys System). And each day I would receive letters from all parts of the country and I would have to input details onto the RS site of when it arrived, condition of letter etc, quite often inside would be a 'Smart' a micro-device that would record the letters passage through the postal system, and these ID numbers were also input and the Smart returned to HQ, or put into another envelope for onward delivery to another panellist.
    On other days I would post out letters, handwritten and labels to others all over the country and the receivers (panellists) would input the details of arrival time etc.. Of course all the stamps, envelopes etc were supplied, so no outlay involved, plus you'd get 15 First Class stamps as a thank you plus be entered into a daily draw.
    There are thousands of panellists all over the country, I know that there are at least 50+ panellists in the Thurso area alone! so would not be surprised some reading this is also a panellist.. Anyway sorry if it's boring anyone, but that's how Royal Mail know what the % of delivered mail is..

Well Royal Mail may be able to get your parcel here next day, but UDL are able to get a parcel from the USA to me in 3 days.

i ordered a pair of kids shoes on the friday evening about 4 o,clock and they arrived saturday morning before 10..I was very suprised..I have never had many problems with royal mail but some couriers have taken atleast 4 days to deliver a parcel....

I bought a fuel filter yesterday on ebay. Arrived today in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by mccaugm View Post
    my cheque arrived back at my own house about 3 weeks later.
    Sorry to say, but your very angry seller never collected it. It never got lost, but it wasn't collected from the sorting office

Royal mails next day delivery is great if there's someone in to sign for the mail.If your not in it goes back to the sorting office and you cant pick it up till the following day.....that is unless you know the postie and go looking for him in his van.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Quote Originally Posted by cuddlepop View Post
    Royal mails next day delivery is great if there's someone in to sign for the mail.If your not in it goes back to the sorting office and you cant pick it up till the following day.....that is unless you know the postie and go looking for him in his van.
    perhaps that is due to your location? In Wick if you miss delivery by Royal Mail you can pick it up from the sorting office after 1 hour.
    Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.