Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Potholes

Default Potholes

Noticed that more and more potholes are appearing, and it aint doing our cars any good either - that road from Dunnets garage to Homebase in Wick is diabolical, and Thurso's getting more like a dirt track..

Just come across this site on how to do something about it, how to claim from the Council for damage to your vehicle section is educational. We had problems out west with massive holes in our road, we even parked our car IN the hole and photographed it!, the whole mile-long road did get resurfaced quite soon after.
    Coincidentally the site is asking: "Have you been affected by pothole damage in Scotland? We are looking for someone who has encountered pothole damage and is prepared to tell their story on the radio for BBC Scotland. If this is you please contact me today on .... "

Anyway have a look at it: http://www.potholes.co.uk/

I've noticed one or two serious potholes developing on the A9 on the way into Thurso from Georgemas. It also looks like the edges of the road are breaking up and sinking. I'm sure it wasn't that long ago that they resurfaced, couldn't have been much good.

Default potholes

http://www.fixmystreet.com/

Works over here - have had several of the local potholes covered in a couple of days - so worth a try!!

The turn off for the Camster Cairns road on the Watten side is breaking up badly. There are a few potholes a few miles down the same road on a long bend, I think the area is Strath. They were filled a month or so back but the repair has broken up again.

Money enough for Gaelic road signs, but not enough to make the roads, emm, roadworthy. If it keeps up, all we are going to have is random gaelic signs all over the place, as the roads will have worn away and been reclaimed by nature...

all we will need then is a horse and cart
    LIVING DOWN IN SLEEPY VALLEY

Default Horse and cart

Aye don't forget this far up north they still have square wheels - have not discovered round wheels yet PL, they have to wait to get the road fixed before they can discover round smooth wheels!!