Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Changing broadband

Post Changing broadband

Was thinking about changing my server i am with orange but thinking about bt .Anybody got advice

Quote Originally Posted by Poultney lad View Post
    Was thinking about changing my server i am with orange but thinking about bt .Anybody got advice

try madasafish.com. great server at good price and free wireless connection.

I'm also thinking of changing, from aol to talk talk, all I seem to have to do is contact them and I get free broadband, (I already have my phone via talk talk), but it will involve getting a new email address and all that that involves.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

http://www.dslzoneuk.net/isp_ratings.php

Have a look there to see what other people think of their ISPs. Choose wisely.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Thats looks like a good site for comparisons, thanks for that 'Metalattakk', going to bed now, but I will study it in the morning.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

thought aol and talk talk were sister companys

Exclamation BT Broadband

I just changed from orange 2 weeks ago to BT, having been with orange for bout 3years. I never had much luck with the customer services with orange as it was all indian call centres!! Couldn't understand a word I was saying!! Not there fault of course, orange is to blame for out sourcing!

All was going well with BT until tonight it took me 2 1/2hours to get an answer out of bt waiting on hold at one point for over an hour! I have been waiting for a bt vision box to be delivered today bu then got told tonight I didn't have an account, The broadband cancellations department soon found my order!! !!
    Just about to e-mail a complaint to see if it does anything but i doubt it, I never thought i would regret switching from orange but I think I might be starting to!!
    Its all good!!!
    It'l soon be Friday!! !!

Cheers Macwull

Default Bt

Just changed to BT after about 4 years of being ripped off by AOL. My speeds have improved and went for the total broadband. As I have never had sky the extra channels and recording etc is giving me what seems like very good value for money.So far so good,but watch this space. Good luck Poultney Lad

Quote Originally Posted by Whitewater View Post
    I'm also thinking of changing, from aol to talk talk, all I seem to have to do is contact them and I get free broadband, (I already have my phone via talk talk), but it will involve getting a new email address and all that that involves.
    Watch TalkTalk as i went wae them for the Free Broadband only to find out that its not in our area.. meaning Caithness!!!

They will say you can get Free Broadband but when it comes to the crunch then you would be able to get it. They only have the upto 8meg ADSL service.

Why moved?

I am one of the old school cant be many of us left. I am still on dial up was planing broadband but not sure after seeing the threads.My service very slow but its always there and have never needed to call anyone.

Would never use mainstream broadband companies like AOL, BT, Tiscali etc.
    There turgid, to many users on them and crap cust. service plus AOL wants to take over your pc.

Am currently using IDNet and have used NDO both are very good never
    had any problems.

http://www.ndo.com/

http://www.idnet.net/

Not sure of pricing but if there bit extra, be worthwile.

Ps. Bonami once you use broadband you would NEVER go back to dial up. Honest.
    Last edited by rfcgav; 01-Apr-08 at 21:40.

Well i'm in the process of changing from Tiscali to BT Broadband. I'm really not that bothered who i'm with as long as i've got a connection, my son is the one who wants to switch.