Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Mini Moto's

Default Mini Moto's

What do youthink of the whole idea of kids going around on mini moto's at the glass factory in wick?

Exclamation

i didnt know about the kids on mini motos at wick, but i think kids should not be allowed mini motos at their ages - kids as young as 5 have told me that they have mini motos and scramblers!
    I think it is a disgrace, as young children can get seriously hurt and their parents are allowing them to go out on these stupid machines!

I think they should be strictly for adults!!

Default mini motos

Quote Originally Posted by caithnesslad
    What do youthink of the whole idea of kids going around on mini moto's at the glass factory in wick?
    Hi - the "Mini Moto Track" thread you replied on earlier tonight was originally a lot longer. It started off as a poll which Bill Fernie had been asked to start on what folk felt about setting up a Mini-Moto track in Caithness. With the changeover to the new-style forum here, a lot of the original posts have been lost, but maybe if you contacted one of the Administrators, they would be able to put it back up here or at least let you have a copy.

The posts touched on a lot of issues regarding safety etc. I voted in favour of a track being set up & suggested that this should be situated away from main residential areas. I live near the Caithness Glass factory & the continual buzz from the machines was rather annoying. With the advent of the bad weather I have my doors & windows closed now anyway so don't hear them anymore. A proper track which would take care of the riders' safety & also the safety of the general public (there were some reports of the moto's being ridden on pavements in the town etc.) would be the ideal - I've been told that this latest 'sport' of mini-moto-ing is really good fun.

I have one and they are really good fun for going around on round the glass factory i have heard all sorts of stories though like the kids were speaking to the manager and he said it was ok for them to run around on,and other stories like if you were caught there you would be charged,anyone heard anything else?

the old hanger building up at wick airport would make a great indoor one, away from residential area, someone could start funding, i'm sure the kids would be happy to do things for sponser's.

Is there any point in spending a lot of money on something that is just a passing phase? I rekon it wont take long before the kids get bored with the same track all the time and eventually land back out on the roads with them anyway.

No thanks, even though it sounds fun I think i'll walk.
    I never accept lifts from strangers

Quote Originally Posted by caithnesslad
    I have one and they are really good fun for going around on round the glass factory i have heard all sorts of stories though like the kids were speaking to the manager and he said it was ok for them to run around on,and other stories like if you were caught there you would be charged,anyone heard anything else?
    I thought Tescos were going there?

Quote Originally Posted by twee dledum
    Is there any point in spending a lot of money on something that is just a passing phase? I rekon it wont take long before the kids get bored with the same track all the time and eventually land back out on the roads with them anyway.
    well i suppose a lot of money and a passing phase, look at wick's new skate park, (not finished yet) i was pretty horrified a few nights ago to see a few boys, (possibly only 6 years old) throwing stones (some pretty large) at a few kids who were clearly enjoying looking at what will soon be for them to play on, i wonder how long the skate park will be in use before some hooligans wreck it? look what happened to the nold park.

cheeky_sod Guest

you 2 are startin to sound a bit square.....ha ah ha ahan ha aha aha aha aha a

I didnt even know there was a skate park. I knew there was one in thurso.
    Where is it?

Quote Originally Posted by cheeky_sod
    you 2 are startin to sound a bit square.....ha ah ha ahan ha aha aha aha aha a

am i ??

Default It's all about the rider

Oh i there lethal crack, you don't get hurt if you have confidence to ride one simple as that

Default Skateboardin's 4 Geeks

i hate skateboardin mini moto's is way better than skateboardin!!