Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Broadband and Phone Packages

Default Broadband and Phone Packages

I know there's many threads of broadband suppliers, but I'm looking into changing both my broadband and phone.

I'm currenty with AOL for internet and BT for phone. I only use internet for email, browsing and the occassional download.

I've heard Plus.Net are a good broadband ISP, but is anyone using their combined package?

Would anyone recommend BT for broadband and phone?

Talk Talk and Tiscali look good, price wise, but have read poor reviews so will steer clear of them.

If you're a light net user then madasafish are very cheap for a combined package.....£19.99 a month for line rental and internet...I'm sure the line rental includes free evening/weekend calls.

I've also heard plus.net are cheap for their combined package.
    Smiling is infectious, You can catch it like the flu.
    Someone smiled at me today, And I started smiling too.

i am with plusnet for my broadband 14.99 a month for 8mb never had any problems

my parents are with pipex phone and broadband and they said its good and really cheap
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

Default Broadband and Phone

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    I know there's many threads of broadband suppliers, but I'm looking into changing both my broadband and phone.

I'm currenty with AOL for internet and BT for phone. I only use internet for email, browsing and the occassional download.

I've heard Plus.Net are a good broadband ISP, but is anyone using their combined package?

Would anyone recommend BT for broadband and phone?

Talk Talk and Tiscali look good, price wise, but have read poor reviews so will steer clear of them.
    Hi there I was with AOL until a couple of weeks ago for both Broadband and Phone but have switched to BT for both and find it fine.

Yes I've looked at Plus Net on behalf of customers and they do a great range of bundles, with good 3-month introductory prices, which can be found here.

I understand you can even mix and match if you want - i.e. Option 1 Broadband (£9.99) plus Anytime calls (£15) making a low-usage broadband/high usage phone package for <£25 per month!

Unfortunately they don't do it for business lines. Tiscali do but your business line becomes a private one meaning you don't get your free business or yellow pages entries. However that might be a trade off worth considering for some.

I moved to Tiscali for both phone and broadband, I am spending less per month with them than I was for Dial up from BT, all calls to landlines are free with Tiscali where I was only getting evening a weekends from BT.

Make sure you cancel everything with your service provider as BT were still charging me for internet dial up when everything else was switched over to Tiscali. The BT call centre was most unhelpful and as I did not make sure everything was cancelled I have to foot the bill.

Neither BT nor Tiscali have responded to my emails and Tiscali advised me it takes up to 6 weeks to answer an email which is not much use in my book.

Other than that I have had Tiscali for 6 months now with no problems.