Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cyanide and the New Year Street Party

I totally agree with Jeid on this statement, uppie

now yes, your right we dont know who you are, but we freely admit who we are here, im Ben Sutherland, i am the singer and bass player in duress

i have been performing in bands from the age of 13, i am now 22, i feel i have a lot of experience due to the amount of gigs ive played and time i have been playing

jeid has played with me before in bands, and has been playing for about as long as i have

now i will admit, i dont know ALL THERE IS TO KNOW about music or even the music community up here, it wuld be nieve for me to think so, but thats why i am going to these blue monday agm meetings, because i have a viewpoint, and i want to get more involved

so i cant go on and on about saying stuff unless im willing to put in the effort to try and do it, thats my OPINION, which you are very VERY fond of (not my opinion, but in general, opinions, ha)

i say to you

like jeid has put it, why not come along and put your viewpoint, from words, into action, or at least try

i read a lot of "caithness needs this, and you need to do this and that" etc etc from you, well, why not come to the meeting, put your points across and that way you can get somewhere with it, maybe, maybe not, but at least something MIGHT get done about it

so come to the meeting, and assist your community

hurry up and reply you two

Default Dear me

Having been reading the threads for more than a few days I cannot help but say 'here here' to Ben and Jamie. Of all the people I have perused in the forums the aforementioned is the most opinionated (Not Reev or Jeid)and annoying. I've lost count of the number of people who haved guessed the identity of Mr. Uppie and I wonder if he is man enough to come clean and do something about the scene which can be considered positive and put us out of our misery as to who he is. Or is he afraid to come clean just in case a posse of wedding dance band musicians come looking for him. Come off your patronising and opinionated high horse and join us.

ROCK ON MAN thats 3 - 1 uppie, come on man, we dont bite, well, i dont

Gleber2... out of interest, and to make uppie not so scared to reveal his identity, who are you?

Now, I'm maybe thinking Uppie is a comic book hero and he can't reveal his true identity.

Default Hidden identity

Jeid, if I say that I am the father of Chobbersjnr would that mean anything to you?Fiftysix years since my first public performance. Good grief that's longer than A.W.
    Last edited by Gleber2; 07-Jan-06 at 03:12.

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!

i know who this is, but i shant say

hahahaha, classic

once again cheers for fixing my old bass

I'd know exactly who you are my good man.

Uppiebalad Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatsPurr
    Uppie, if you are based in London, and you were in Thurso on Fun day and Hogmanay (twice in one month all the way from London!), is your work not going very well that you can afford to take such time off?! A busy man like yourself n' all.
    See here's the kinda thing I mean- someone who feels the need to tear a strip! I wasn't at the Thurso Fun day, so I'm a tad confused about this one. Mind you if your local mp (a very very very busy man) can travel 4 times a month back and forth between Thurso and London, no reason why I couldn't mannage the same!

Now guys and girls can you try to follow the whole frame and not just the perfs.
    Big problem here is you respond only to bits you don't like and quickly forget the points that seem okay. The result is that the arguement loses it's way.
    I fully appreciate that it takes time and boy how much time Caithness has taken so far! Re: Arts Strategy for Caithness- everywhere else is at the action stage whilst Caithness is still writing it.
    This reminds me of how Suadi Arabia used to be. Too many factions all with their own agendas and no-one having any full level of agreement or seeking out compromise that enables the next stage of development.
    Whilst Blue Monday hung in limbo all manner of funding initiatives have been missed including oportunities for events to be part of the Highland Year Of Culture 2007. You missed last years money and no doubt you'll miss it this year and quite likely next as well because you haven't gotten together to fully thrash out an agenda of priorities and actions to be carried forward. Are any of you aware that your needs were being represented on the board of directors of Caithness Arts? Time to come out of spare rooms and garages and meet, discuss, plan regularly and get things moving. Discussion is action. You are all creating action in here but it's not here that it needs to be. Blue Monday should be the means by which you will be able to achieve things that benefit your musical community. I understand one of it's members is part of the local development agancy. Think about how that relates to possability.
    Some of you have dreams and aspirations others are content but Blue Monday should not solely be about getting together and just 'jamming' once a month. Keep that up and you'll be no further on ten or twenty years from now. Jamming won't create a music scene. Blue Monday is the key so I hope you can learn which way to turn it.
    Please see the crab thingy on page 2 of this thread- it's very relavent.

Default Hidden identity

My cover blown, now who will take me seriously when I post in the general forum. I think I'll have to swear like my son and get myself barred in order to break the addiction to forums. One way to avoid the ramblings of the protagonist.LOL By the way, I took Caithness music and played it from India to New York and countless places in between before most of you were born.A statement of fact--not a boast.

and i salute for for it Gleber, as you well know

Uppie, You seem to be very hypocritical in your postings. You say we only pick out points we dislike? You seem to miss the point totally. You never reply to relevant topics(which is quite frustrating).

As a matter of fact, we've not missed out on funding for the Highland Year Of Culture 2007. The cut off date is the end of January 2006. We discussed the possibility of funding at the last meeting and its very possible that we'll look further into this on Wednesday.

Blue Monday is no longer gonna be about "getting together once a month and jamming" as you so put it, and if you bothered getting off your ass to attend these meetings, you'd soon realise that.

At the end of the day, I think you should put your money where your mouth is and try and help instead of just telling us what we need to do. As Gleber2 pointed out, its begining to get annoying.

Uppiebalad Guest

All hail Gleeber. Very well done that man! Can these young 'uns handle the same pace I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2
    My cover blown, now who will take me seriously when I post in the general forum. I think I'll have to swear like my son and get myself barred in order to break the addiction to forums. One way to avoid the ramblings of the protagonist.LOL By the way, I took Caithness music and played it from India to New York and countless places in between before most of you were born.A statement of fact--not a boast.
    When did anyone ever take you seriously? (just kidding)

He's barred? Dammit, I needed to speak with him. I'll pm you though, you have the info I require.

Well done on your musical path
    Last edited by Jeid; 07-Jan-06 at 03:36.

Uppiebalad Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid
    Uppie, You seem to be very hypocritical in your postings. You say we only pick out points we dislike? You seem to miss the point totally. You never reply to relevant topics(which is quite frustrating).

Unfortunate but I haven't got all day.

As a matter of fact, we've not missed out on funding for the Highland Year Of Culture 2007. The cut off date is the end of January 2006. We discussed the possibility of funding at the last meeting and its very possible that we'll look further into this on Wednesday.

Fine but you are leaving it tight.

Blue Monday is no longer gonna be about "getting together once a month and jamming" as you so put it, and if you bothered getting off your ass to attend these meetings, you'd soon realise that.

I referred to it as it was formerly and did not say that it continues in the same.

At the end of the day, I think you should put your money where your mouth is and try and help instead of just telling us what we need to do. As Gleber2 pointed out, its begining to get annoying.
    Try not to take things so personally people. Putting my money where my mouth is? You don't know where my mouth is (I'm sure you ideas though) but look for goodness sakes I'm trying and succeeding (I think/ hope) to get you people to do it for yourselves. You are the ones with needs and wants and only you people can make it happen. Don't look to the rest of the planet to pick up the tab. Put your hands in your own pockets and put your money where your mouth is.

Default Uppie

Gleeber and Gleeber2 are diamertrically opposed entities. Please do not get us confused again. OK!!!!!
    You people-you people- who are you people? All you are succeeding in achieving is annoying virtually everyone in the music forum in Caithness and your put down of the long seving entertainers in the dance business is,to say the least,downright insulting. Ben works like a slave at his music and is trying to achieve something with music,ie, learning to play it. They are puting their money between their teeth and doing it. They are aware of their wants and needs and are addressing the problems as they deem fit.There are some first rate young musicians developing in Caithness right now. Some of them are world class. To put them out into the world to compete with the garbage tip that is the modern commercial scene would be like pulling an onion before it has properly formed. When the time is right, and perhaps it is long overdue, the world will become very aware of Caithness. It will not be as a result of any of your actions!!!
    Last edited by Gleber2; 07-Jan-06 at 03:58.

then why bother telling us what to do, i dont think anyone ever asked

am i mistaken here.........................

we ARE putting our "money where our mouths are" as you put it

as i posted saying earlier

thats directed at uppie, cheers gleber2, nice words man
    Last edited by Reev; 07-Jan-06 at 04:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppiebalad
    Try not to take things so personally people. Putting my money where my mouth is? You don't know where my mouth is (I'm sure you ideas though) but look for goodness sakes I'm trying and succeeding (I think/ hope) to get you people to do it for yourselves. You are the ones with needs and wants and only you people can make it happen. Don't look to the rest of the planet to pick up the tab. Put your hands in your own pockets and put your money where your mouth is.
    To be honest, I ain't taking anything personally.

Yes we are trying to do it, its very annoying however, having someone constantly preaching that the scene is poor and what its needs are. Its much like failing to use your ability to vote at the election. The ability is there to do it, some people do, but its usually the people who don't vote that moans the most. I'm gonna be making appearances as often as possible at the meetings for Blue Monday. I as much as Ben and the others who have taken out to try and get it things up and running, want all the things you keep nagging on about.

I ain't looking to the rest of the world to pick up the tab, I want passionate people involved in this project. I want it to take off. I believe it will. Darren, Kev, Stuart, Ben, myself(along with other people who may turn up at this next meeting) have injected a bit of youth into the Blue Monday committee. I know these guys want music to be a big thing in Caithness again. I've spoken to Darren about it. He's trying his hardest to get things going. The gents that were already on the committee, and have been for years, have said that it should be on us now to get things going. I believe its time for a shake up of the scene. I think there's no time like the present.

What you need to do, instead of stating the obvious(its getting boring) is start putting sensible suggestions to us that will help us. Stop nagging and nagging. The want and desire is there. Seriously, if you want to be helpful, start by helping

Jeid..........couldnt of put it better myself

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2
    Gleeber and Gleeber2 are diamertrically opposed entities. Please do not get us confused again. OK!!!!!
    You people-you people- who are you people? All you are succeeding in achieving is annoying virtually everyone in the music forum in Caithness and your put down of the long seving entertainers in the dance business is,to say the least,downright insulting. Ben works like a slave at his music and is trying to achieve something with music,ie, learning to play it. They are puting their money between their teeth and doing it. They are aware of their wants and needs and are addressing the problems as they deem fit.There are some first rate young musicians developing in Caithness right now. Some of them are world class. To put them out into the world to compete with the garbage tip that is the modern commercial scene would be like pulling an onion before it has properly formed. When the time is right, and perhaps it is long overdue, the world will become very aware of Caithness. It will not be as a result of any of your actions!!!
    Well said. Would you not agree that the current Musical Scene in Caithness is currently lacking in venues? With the impending closure of the Viewfirth, that leaves us with pretty much just the Redwood as a regular music venue in Thurso.

Ben indeed works his ass off. Good on him, he's certainly developed as a musician since i heard him playing in his bedroom on his bass.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast