Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cyanide and the New Year Street Party

Default Cyanide and the New Year Street Party

As you may of heard Cyanide are now going on good.. and are gigging more frequently around caithness.. They Have just recently played the Thurso High School Ard Rock Drug awarness COncert... Cyanide Opened followed by a young wick band who go by the name of Liquid Blue and then closed with Duress Who had the crowd on there side with there strong selection of songs.. Cyanide will be playing the last Ard Rock which is set to take place in Wick High School on the 1st of December ( Hopfully along side Duress !!! ) Cyanide Leave Thurso on the 25 to make there way down to rock " Carbosdale Castle " They got this gig through winning there BAND section at a T-total conest. BY winning this They Played Not a song but a jam In A minor which seemed to go down a treat.. Even though the band were missing a bassist and Vocalist at the time.. They still did not fail to please!.. Cyanide as you might already know have been asked to open the Thurso New Year street party along side " The Alister Wordie Band " And we hope you can all Come along and have a good new year!
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

Heck, nice words man, thanks very much

Uppiebalad Guest

What time does the show start?

9:30pm.. Hope to see alot of people! Although 9 30 i thought was a tad early! but who am I to argue! lol

Uppiebalad Guest

9.30 is a tad early as Thurso is a small town and in such it can be difficult to sustain the momentum needed for such occassions. That said I'm hoping this is a successful event and that the organisers are open to further development of it each year. These events realy heavily on volentary contribution so it is important for it to be fully supported by the public.
    I had some thought to be involved but decided against it this year as it was mentioned a little late for my planning preferences. with such a busy production schedule in front of me I simply couldn't put a project together at this time. Maybe next year though.
    Meantime, lets go on with the show!

....what exactly do you do UppieBalad, you seem, from what you say, to have done just about everything, not a snide remark, just curious..........!

Uppiebalad Guest

I work within the arts as a writer/ director. It brings me into contact with pretty much every other creative medium. I most certainly haven't done everything though, that would be too long a road

Default Reminder

Just reminding people who are going to the new year street party!

The whole shindig starts at 9:30pm sharp

Be there!

just came from the viewfirth.and it was a great nite bands plade great loads of people there, it made the nite worth it thanks guys u all did a great job

Uppiebalad Guest

I have just had word from my friends at Cinema For Thurso who were there to catch some footage. They said what they saw of it was good and they were impressed by Liquid Blue. Apparently they are very good at some female celebs' music, I forget which. Estrella were doing the rock thing and a line from one of their songs struck a chord, "can you dig it suckers?" from the film "The Warriors". The Stevie Taylor Band pumped out some good stuff too so the guys at CFT tell. Heck, I really aught to get up there and catch some rocking nostalgia in the old Viewfirth.

Default Well Then?

So in your eyes How did the Thurso New Year Street Party go down?

www.cyanide00.piczo.com

Uppiebalad Guest

Well it's nice to be home for New Year and Prince's Street, Thurso was a winner. Well done Cyanide on your song, "In A Dream". Good points and bad points considered it should do quite well for itself as a song. Now should I give a critical analysis here or just sing up the praises. Hmm!
    Well I will say this, the crowd was more with Cyanide than the second band. The Lone Piper was good too and the countdown to midnight went off well. Pity we couldn't here the town clock ringing the hour- next year run a mic up there, it's only 100ft up a tight staircase!
    A bigger stage would be helpful, you all looked a little packed on there and a bit higher up would be beneficial as the audience are on a near flat surface.
    The atmosphere was excellent and I think we must also take a moment to thank the weather. I didn't see any trouble in the streets, everyone seemed to have behaved themselves and had a really good time.
    Overall the show was well organized and now the team will have to really work hard to sustain the momentum- one offs are easy, sequels are a nightmare!
    By the way guys, how did it feel to be playing live in Sir John's Square to what must be your biggest and most real audience? I bet that's the best buzz you've ever had. Don't you think a permanent Bandstand in the square would be fantastic?

yus i thought it went well last night. yes the stage was seriously cramp though i guess it kept us cosy. a permanent bandstand would be very cool.

i thot cyanide did very well if u think bout it theyve only bn together for like 8months? or sumthin like that!
    the st party was great loadsa ppl turned out at it and i never cn sum ppl that were at it that i wanted 2 say happy new year 2! must agree that e stage did seem very small n i couldnt get e best view from where i was bt still enjoyed the music!
    well done 2 all involved in organisin u put a lot o effort in2 it and i think it was well worth it! must o had a fair clean up on ur hands after tho!
    well done and thanx for organisin it for all o us that went til it!

I was at the Thurso Street Party and I must say that i really enjoyed it. As an opening band, Cyanide did well. A few tuning problems here and there, and perhaps the singer should have known her words to such a well known song as "Brown Eyed Girl" but nevermind. All in all they have the potential of being a very good band.
    The Alisdair Wordie Band (formerly known as Cheorge, why the change in name?!) didn't do one song that people weren't singing along with, or clapping at the end, so Uppie, I don't understand your comment about the crowd being "more with Cyanide than the second band". Did you capture the proof of your statement on your little camcorder you were going around with!? I'd really like to see it. I can only assume that Cyanide had a posse of teenage followers from school etc, so therefore you probably heard them shouting loudest. But from where I was standing, the crowd was far more enjoying the AW Bands variety of songs. Matter of opinion I suppose.
    I thought that the end worked well, taking the two bands on stage to perform together. It was a shame though that the stage was so cramped, but that was the fault of the organisers. Surley they must have know as soon as they built the thing?! Anyway, the contrast of having a fresh new band, and a more experienced band was good.
    Well done to Alisdair Wordie for being on the music scene for 40 years this year! (I hope thats what the announcer said anyway!) With that much experience he was bound to get it right!
    Great night, should definately become an annual event featuring different bands every year.
    Last edited by TopCatsPurr; 03-Jan-06 at 16:09.

Default recorded and stored!

Camcorder???

Default Sound sound

A few relevant comments about the music which I won't argue about but nobody has mentioned the job done by the sound man under very difficult circumstances. How was the sound? Couldn't be there myself.

Default Sound sound

A few relevant comments about the music which I won't argue about but nobody has mentioned the job done by the sound man under very difficult circumstances. How was the sound? Couldn't be there myself.

Default Sound

The sound was amzing! A very well done to the PA dude!

ye i agree our tuning wosnt great but ill put that down to the coldness because i had fully tuned everything before using fine tune. but i dont think coldness agrees with floyd rose trems all that much because even small contractions and expansions to the spring tention can make a dramatic eefect on tuning. ah well ont he whole i thought it went well. i do sort of agree with uppie on us having more of the crowds direct attentions when were on i think this wos due to less people being there less alcohol in them meaning thats there would be less general "crack" going on but AW did have much better sing along songs. Yes much thanks to mr sutherland on the desk. I thought AW sounded a little rough in places generally amp sounds when distortion was used it sounded a little saturated but i know that wosnt his usual amp he was using. We were not origionally going to play brown eyed girl hence our singers unsureity on the words but hey no-one can be perfect eh.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast