Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WHAT a week!

Default Especially after storms...

Quote Originally Posted by LIZZ View Post
    Thanks Nemosia, they were real skittish so had to use a long zoom to get any kind of picture.
    In the winter, turnstones can become very bold and almost tame. They will accept scraps of fish, not from your hand, but placed on the ground. If you remain still they will run between your feet.
    So, if you are patient, it should be possible to tempt them closer, making photography easier?

Talking 'ats cheating!

Next time down to Scrabster I will be beg,borrowing any loose fish that I happen to see.
    Just had a silly thought, can you have a loose fish and would it hang around on rock corners?

Quote Originally Posted by LIZZ View Post
    Finally for now has any one else seem the raptors just as you come to The Kessock Bridge on the north side? There were a pair being mobbed by the local avian residents and they had very distinctive wedge shaped tails that I would only associate with kites.
    Any answers would be much appreciated, will post some more photos later.
    Yes, I've seen one as I've been driving north, actually just north of the Tore roundabout - looked like a Red Kite to me.

Thank you rupert, since getting back I have done some research and fine that there is a re-introduction scheme that has been running for a few years.
    Good to know that my eyes did not decieve me and that these most beautiful of raptors are back in the highland skies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12