Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Astronot - Album Launch Party

I do indeed like Dream Theater... but I wouldn't list Petrucci as an influence. He's an amazing guitar player. Thanks for the compliment TBH... appreciated.

Boozeburglar... thanks very much. Inverness? We might be back there sooner than you think.

Pepsi... you're such a . You moan about people up here not doing enough live music (there's 3 gigs on this Saturday as it turns out) and when bands are releasing music and playing gigs... you still moan. You're never pleased.

Jeid,how did the gig go on saturday night at the waterfront?
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

Wasn't the best. We were on too early tbh. But these things happen. We played reasonably well. I wasn't overly keen on playing Wick. It's a bit of an unknown entity to me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    Wasn't the best. We were on too early tbh. But these things happen. We played reasonably well. I wasn't overly keen on playing Wick. It's a bit of an unknown entity to me though.
    Folk I've heard from missed you.Told them they missed a good thing.Can I ask ye an honest question?Where do ye and the boys see ye going?Dae ye want to stay local or do ye want to hit it bigger?

Exactly... nobody knew when the bands were on... in fact, we didn't know until a couple of days before.

I'm not sure and it's something neither of us think about in all honesty. It's all about having fun playing music with our mates. If something happens, so be it... if it doesn't... well, we're having fun aren't we.

If yer havin a laugh then ye have 98% of it covered.I think if ye and the guys went doon a wee bit further south then ye would get that 2% more.The internet is taking over music.But folk pay the bucks to see a band (or a DJ) live.As I have always said yer a good band.....good luck.

Thanks Cedric... much appreciated

I do indeed like Dream Theater... but I wouldn't list Petrucci as an influence. He's an amazing guitar player. Thanks for the compliment TBH... appreciated.

Boozeburglar... thanks very much. Inverness? We might be back there sooner than you think.

Pepsi... you're such a . You moan about people up here not doing enough live music (there's 3 gigs on this Saturday as it turns out) and when bands are releasing music and playing gigs... you still moan. You're never pleased.
    Granted, my posts can be a bit ambiguous, but there was no moaning malice intended. Chill.

Pepsi,

seeing what that actually means, it is hardly an insult!

I missed yer appearance at the Big Gig, tho I think a pal was shaking the bones for you...

Went to Neil the other week and I agree with your review, have my own up here and there.

I have some ideas to discuss with anyone who will listen, will PM you.

Default Astronot

Hope you guy's have a good gig tonight. Sorry I can't be there, but will look forward to the bash on the 12th April. All the best.
    Asinus asinum fricat

Just in from the gaels from the newmarket nice way to end of the night

but the astronot gig was truly amazing

in all honesty the first band werent great, Certain members stage presences made them feel like they didn't want to be there which is a bit of a down side to a gig.

Theatre Fall on the other hand! Were bloomin amazing. So impressed im not one to listen to electro indie, But i will def be going to alot more shows to see these lads again.

And as always Astronot were as tight as ever, Even with Jeids colour cordination. Yah big women

White Plugs in the ears and a white les paul :P
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

Was in Skins last night, enjoyed the support bands especially the second band onstage - some interesting keyboard/sequencer stuff going on there. I liked. Indeed, that's something I would like to see local bands extrapolate upon in future, if only to break away from the garage band mentality (guitar/bass/drums/vocals playing everything as fast and loud as possible - where's the subtlety and sophistication I ask you?) up here.

Astronot themselves already know their local fan-base, and good luck to them. They have a fair old arsenal of crowd-pleasers that they know they can reel out if needed, and why not? Reel them out they did, and to great effect - not that the lacklustre crowd would have noticed much. The mosh-pit was less than full-flow tonight, but that's no slur on the quality of the songs, or the quality of their deliverance.

But, ultimately their infectious metal/pop choruses and driving drum-beats wins over in the end.

Astronot played very well last night. I enjoyed it, even if the whole evening seemed like a high school disco at times.

Meh, maybe I'm just getting old...
    Last edited by Metalattakk; 30-Mar-08 at 12:25.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Sounds like a good 'un. Must admit am tempted to write an imaginary review in the style of Hunter Thompson. My book Fear and Loathing at the Thurso Open is out next year

Good Night last night in Skin's, thought there would have been a few more folks tbh.

Not too keen for the support bands, good at what they do but not my type of music at all.

First time I've seen Astronot live properly and hats off to them, was a great show!

Damn good sound last night too, roll on May the 16th!

Look forward to playing with the Astronot boys in Skin's in May for a charity gig, should be a good night!

Thanks very much guys, the compliments are well recieved. I think I can talk for us all by saying last night was cracking. We really enjoyed the show. Theatre Fall were superb, delighted to have had them up.

Thought there would've been more in the door, but can't complain, the people who were there seemed to really enjoy it.

Looking forward to the 16th of May too... should be a good un...

Metal/pop... an interesting genre indeed

Thanks very much guys, the compliments are well recieved. I think I can talk for us all by saying last night was cracking. We really enjoyed the show. Theatre Fall were superb, delighted to have had them up.

Thought there would've been more in the door, but can't complain, the people who were there seemed to really enjoy it.

Looking forward to the 16th of May too... should be a good un...

Metal/pop... an interesting genre indeed
    Yeah man, was a no bad turn-out but thought there would have been more.

You got any other gigs lined up in the near future? Apart from the 16th may obviously.

Yeah, but it was a good crowd all the same

Dates indeed...

April 17th in Motion Nightclub, Inverness (Oxjam event)
    April 19th in The Moorings Bar, Aberdeen
    April 20th in The Doghouse, Dundee

Hoping to hook something up for the 18th in Glasgow or Edinburgh as well if we can.

good to hear that it all went well on the weekend

i think you boys will be pretty well received in the moorings - found myself in there on a drunken night not so long ago when there was a band on and the turn out wasn't bad at all. they played a similar style o music as you lads as well...
    "you know and i know that we talk in circles most times"

Cheers dude!

We played in there before, last January in fact, and it was a good night. Hopefully we'll have a another night like it. If you should just happen to be stumbling around Aberdeen again... come along

I have a few mates in Eberdeen, and I'll be recommending them all to pay a visit to The Moorings to see you guys.

Ye's better play good, biys, or my street cred will be shot to bits.

Ah, wait...I see the flaw in that statement...
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast