Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: I wonder why...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by buggyracer View Post
    your making accusations on behalf of others with no facts to back them up.

anyway this is all OT back to the topic, i agree 100% with the culling of foxes humanely, would i like to see them totally eradicated NO, NEVER.

But having seen this picture it looks to me like all the carcasses are fresh therfore they look like they have been culled in a short period of time, now to me to cull this amount of foxes in one short period tells me that wherever this happened there must have been a serious fox problem!!!

Having lived on a farm in my youth i have seen first hand the damage a fox can do to lambs and let un-checked it would cost the farmer a pretty penny!

also for the record i do not agree with the lining up of the dead foxes.

PS when did i shout, calm down fella

Hi Buggyracer

The foxes were killed over a fairly large area in Sutherland by one man! Not on his own land ??? Foxes are territorial animals, the dog fox will not normally tolerate another on his patch, so it's fairly obvious that this killing spree was not a farmer going out to protect his livestock from the odd marauding fox, but a deliberate attempt to go out and kill as many foxes as he could shoot for his own gratification. The hanging of the foxes on a fence, (gibbet) just goes to show the sort of mental attitude some people take in the lust for self acclaim. If it were just the odd fox that was being shot to protect livestock, then there is some justification in the farmer doing that, unfortunately it doesn't just end with the fox. Golden Eagles, Red Kites and Buzzards are regularly poisoned, shot and trapped, Peregrine Falcons are shot and their eyries destroyed, Hen Harriers are shot and Merlins have their moorland nesting territories burnt out every year by irresponsible crofters and others throwing down a lighted match and then walking away to let the moorland burn!!! All these birds, (except the Buzzard) are Schedule One Protected Species, it is an offence to harm these birds in any way whatsoever, but it doesn't stop the morons who think nothing of our extremely scarce wildlife.

nirofo.
    Last edited by nirofo; 06-Mar-08 at 18:34.