Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Well done Prince Harry

Quote Originally Posted by Boozeburglar View Post
    Sing away, she will need all the help she can get if Harry is joining the Household Cavalry.
    Absolutely, it's not easy driving a light armoured vehicle with a nubile young thing on yer knee and a glass of Pimms' in one hand

Even harder on a horse....

Quote Originally Posted by Boozeburglar View Post
    I have no interest in anything else you wrote. This is not a court of Law; I am not compelled to address anything! Were you someone I had previously had intercourse with I may have bothered to comment further. You seem to suggest we had had a debate of some kind!
    My wish was for clarification as to what exactly Harry has done that you think the rest of us have to live up to before we are permitted to pass comment. I am still bemused.

No one else I know, there or otherwise deployed, wishes to go back. Speaks volumes for how Harry’s experience of the frontline differs from Joe Average.

Really? I think the jury is out on that until we see what might replace the Taliban. Were the Taliban not trained in Pakistan? When do we invade Pakistan?

I agree wholeheartedly, but I fail to see what action Harry has taken part in, or any soldier in Iraq or Afghanistan for that matter, that truly lessens the terrorist threat or enhances personal freedoms in this country. Possibly quite the reverse. Of course I don’t blame the soldiers, but the government.
    The question of what I have done is thus moot. I have never served in the armed forces though, so you can be sure I have not exacerbated the situation.

You were in the army, well done. So you have a totally un-blinkered view of the situation.
    Good for you, I won’t bother mentioning my connections with Iraq, based as they are so frivolously on having a number of friends and family in the forces , and having Iraqi nationals in my family and members who have lived there on and off for the last thirty years. They know nothing, your average squaddie on the barracks/patrol/barracks/patrol cycle knows so much more...

You just joined an internet forum! Get ready to ignore a plethora of such.

It was a rhetorical question, and your answer was wrong.
    Sounds like you are a Royal groupie. Bet you wish you were out there with Harry, so you could genuflect as he and his SAS cohort passed by.
    There are many disturbing things about that post .. mainly the bit about "were you someone I had previously had intercourse with" .. disturbing.

Yes I was a squaddie and yes I am proud of Harry but funnily enough I am anti Royal if anything. He served and lived like a regular soldier doing a difficult job and Yes I want to be out there right now, I was a Medic and did a lot of good out there but hey I was just a "squaddie" right ?? .. do you know its the biggest compliment you could have paid me ??

Maybe me and Harry would talk about some of the "Civpop" and their know it all opinions based on hearsay and what was on Sky News last night, (those with their feet in the dust know least apparently), on how they go on the attack and complain when you do the same back, most probaly we would just laugh .. you wouldnt understand its a "squaddie" thing. No wonder he didnt want to come back to this country.

You should walk a mile in our shoes .. mainly because it means you will be at least a mile away from me.

Niall I have had my impression of Caithness .. disable my account please.
    Attention Vegetarians .. For every animal you dont eat, I am going to eat three.

Please don't go on my account.

And while I am at it, I have plenty of respect for squaddies. Plenty.

You can't really be suggesting that no one else has a valid opinion though?

I wouldn't want to walk a mile in anyone's shoes, mine fit me fine.

If I had wanted to go down that route I would have whilst I was young enough, it is something I occasionally regretted, until my friends started coming home from the first Gulf war as shadows and ghosts.

Cleared When Hot,

Boozeburglar is right when he says you shouldn't leave because you disagree with him or anyone else. Although we disagree with each other on a variety of things, it is the wide range of opinions and attitudes on this forum that I find attractive.

It's like the old Forces saying " If you can't take a joke, you shouldn't have joined up"

Stick in there, you may find some threads interesting and thoughtful.....well, occasionally.....

Quote Originally Posted by Snarfer View Post
    When Harry met Talli
    Love that, made me laugh.

It's not Harrys fault he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, Good on him for having the balls to go out there when in his position he could have taken the easy option and hid behind a desk.

What?

Harry presenting the Evening News?

Now that would be taking media manipulation to a whole new level, but I would pay to watch!

Last edited by Boozeburglar; 05-Mar-08 at 21:02. Reason: Spilt coffee

Quote Originally Posted by northener View Post
    Cleared When Hot,

Boozeburglar is right when he says you shouldn't leave because you disagree with him or anyone else. Although we disagree with each other on a variety of things, it is the wide range of opinions and attitudes on this forum that I find attractive.

It's like the old Forces saying " If you can't take a joke, you shouldn't have joined up"

Stick in there, you may find some threads interesting and thoughtful.....well, occasionally.....
    Just to clear a few things up.

If I left every time I had a disagreement then my wife and I would have been divorced long ago !!, the points I made seemed to be ignored at the expense of poking fun and ridicule at a man who served when he didnt have to by those who never have and never will. Im not a royalist and I dont particularly like Harry as a person .. I do however respect anyone who gets their boots sandy when they dont have to .. and that boy didnt. If I appeared "prickly" over the matter there is good reason for it but this is neither the time or the place for. Lets just say the things that happened sandy side dont bother me half as much as the attitudes of the British Public at times .. but I digress.

My choice was nothing to do with anything Boozeburglar said .. honest mate. I made a general remark which was taken to be a personal attack by another individual. I disagree but what does that matter, it isnt my train set and the man in charge can take whatever action he sees fit.

I dont have to stick around though and post in a forum where I dont like the rules or moderation.

No harm .. no foul.

All the best to everyone for the future.
    Attention Vegetarians .. For every animal you dont eat, I am going to eat three.

You were talking about coming back up to Wick? The Org is a good place to check what is happening up North, and there are plenty who check in on this board without posting very often, if at all.

Like a lot on here I don't actually live in Caithness, probably never will again, so don't hold it against your home county that we are daft!

I meant no offence regarding Harry, I respect your views. Were you discussing your own service, you would not have met with any disrespect I am sure.

To some of us taking the opportunity to mock a Royal outweigh the other aspects of what he was involved in, serious though they may be.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567