Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Orkney fudge cheesecake

but but but but but but i don't like fudge! what do i use instead? never made a cheesecake but always loved my nanas when she made them and want to give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugmistress;
    but but but but but but i don't like fudge! what do i use instead? never made a cheesecake but always loved my nanas when she made them and want to give it a try.
    Tuggs, I don't like fudge either but I made this cheesecake, initially, for my hubby. I found that the firm texture of the Orkney fudge melts into the cream/cheese mixture forming soft, toffee swirls throughout the topping.

I'm not a "sweet" person (ask anyone who knows me ) but even I've managed a second spoonful of this particular recipe.

a thought struck me last night about this, i wonder if caramac bars would work? do they even still make them?

Well folks been away canna believe that this recipe is so popular and it is so decadent all enjoy
    Im quite sure you are all contributing to the Orkney Fudge Sales you can buy it in Brass,s Thurso as well thats where I always got mine
    tuggs if you are using caramac melt over a bowl of water and use more than specified for the fudge it does work
    Anne
    Its nice to be nice

Default Warning!

Warning, do not make this cheesecake if you are on a diet!

The temptation of the orkney fudge was killing me! Yum!

I may just have a taste of it. So far i have resisted but i made it so i think i should at least get a tiny taste!!!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Do you lot have no respect for your arteries?

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post

Not really great special occasion sweet Gis we are allowed one now and again
    Its nice to be nice

Well i have jotted the ingredients down and i am planning to make it on sunday so will post how i get on!
    A gentle stream can split a mountain, given enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo;
    I have the greatest respect for my arteries which is why I believe in testing them once in a while with this recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by floyed;
    Well i have jotted the ingredients down and i am planning to make it on sunday so will post how i get on!
    Good luck floyed. I can guarantee you won't be disappointed. Just make sure that no-one in the family is having their cholestorol checked on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by floyed View Post
    please do let us know some people are really Hooked now who can that be ----A
    Its nice to be nice

Well i made the cheesecake this afternoon. I only have 1hr 32 an a 1/2 mins (not counting or anything) before i can have a bit. It looks realy tasty, i am finding it hard not to have a wee nibble

Quote Originally Posted by floyed View Post
    Well i made the cheesecake this afternoon. I only have 1hr 32 an a 1/2 mins (not counting or anything) before i can have a bit. It looks realy tasty, i am finding it hard not to have a wee nibble
    It is addictive. I have my OH on at me to make him another already! as if he cant mix it all together himself. lol
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

O my i am eating it right now it is yummy OH thinks its tasty too. Will definetly make this again.

Going to take some in to my work tomorrow for them to try if i eat the lot i will be ill its quite sweet

I have always heated up the fudge before folding in and gives you loads of very soft/runny bits through it (think recipe came from Foveran Hotel in Orkney). The Kirkwall Hotel add whisky to theirs and can highly reommend it even at £5 a slice.

Quote Originally Posted by maidenmania View Post
    I have always heated up the fudge before folding in and gives you loads of very soft/runny bits through it (think recipe came from Foveran Hotel in Orkney). The Kirkwall Hotel add whisky to theirs and can highly reommend it even at £5 a slice.

There is no way i would pay £5 a for a slice of cheesecake no matter how good it was!!

Tried this cheesecake at the Fire Brigade car wash and sale yesterday. It was absolutely divine, even once it was battered about on the way home.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Had this tonight again never tire of it how ever many years on Arteries help !!!!!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Tugmistress View Post
    a thought struck me last night about this, i wonder if caramac bars would work? do they even still make them?
    I don't know if it would work in this recipe, Tuggs, but I bought some Caramac in the corner shop in Halkirk a few weeks back. I hadn't tasted it for years.

Talking cheesecake

Was just surfing really looking for recipes for Christmas and saw the one from Anne for Orkney cheesecake -family vote and we are going to have it on Christmas day -can't wait and thank you Anne. Keep them coming.
    mo

nicnic74 made it and let us try it, so guess what we're making today for tomorrow. oldest daughter making it and some shortbread today, i'm planning some fairy cakes. as well as the rest
    must go and watch santa leaving the north pole first

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast