Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Orkney fudge cheesecake

Following a recommendation, my Orkney Cheesecake is now made and in the fridge. Can't wait for dinner tomorrow night! Licking the bowl was divine so I am sure the proof will be in the pudding!

My house....6pm!
    Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

I hate to tell you this but you've read the recipe wrong. It only has to chill for 5 hours. I'll be round at 5:30 am - just leave the back door open.

Thumbs up Yummy!

I made this for my bro an his other half when i was at theirs on hols an it went down a treat! mmmm

Had my Orkney Fudge cheesecake last night (and the leftovers tonight) To say we were stuffed is an understatement. Too full up to contemplate the bread making......

One of our wonderful org bakers has promised me a slice. I'm looking forward to it already.

Great that you are all still all enjoying this recipe let me know canuck if you enjoy hope so !!
    Anne x
    Its nice to be nice

Anne x, it was to die for!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aburns View Post
    finally something i can comment on!!
    We owned a pub/restaurant in Orkney & we got the receipe from our head chef!!
    Its all in the cream you use!!! Meadowland cream.....
    The only place i can get the stuff is the freezer centre in kirkwall i now live outside of inverness & cant get it so when my mum comes down she takes a case!!!
    To make the base you gentle heat in a pan crushed digestives with lots of syrup & butter til its stodgy!!!
    Lay it in the base of the cake tin put in fridge - then in your big bowl put the nearly whole carton of meadowland cream in it 2 x 200g of philidelphia cheese & start mixing with the electric mixer whilst doing this add a good dunk of caster sugar - then when the mixture starts to thicken start flaking the orkney fudge into it & finish the cake with the fudge flaked ontop for presentation too..... Yummy yum!!
    Hopeyou enjoy, i make them for all my home parties & when my friends are having dinner parties too - thornton fudge is also beautiful.. angela x
    You can get meadowland from Sutherland Bros in Wick.They also do the sweet one-Lactofil.
    When I was cheffing always bought it from them.I think you may need an account with them, but if you know any shopkeepers etc they may be abale to get it for you, but it only comes in a case of 12 i think.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Anne x, it was to die for!!!
    Thanks C bet I know who made it !!! glad you had a great Time
    Ax
    Its nice to be nice

Had this tonight with friends from Norway and they are away home happy

Quote Originally Posted by Anne x View Post
    9ozs Hob Nobs (or other oaty Biscs) crushed
    2 3/4 oz Butter melted
    7ozs Philadelphia cream cheese
    9ozs Orkney Fudge
    1 pint Double cream lightly whipped

Is that right? 1 Pint of double cream I can feel my arteries closing just thinking about it.
    Last edited by Average; 12-Nov-08 at 17:27.

I'm bringing this recipe to the top of the forum again. No apologies, it is absolutely decadent and totally right for this time of year. Enjoy!

(Btw you can buy real Orkney Fudge Bars in Meiklejohn's shop in Thurso Street, Wick) Failing that, any fudge would do as a second best, I guess.

Default Orkney Cheesecake

Quote Originally Posted by Moira View Post
    I'm bringing this recipe to the top of the forum again. No apologies, it is absolutely decadent and totally right for this time of year. Enjoy!

(Btw you can buy real Orkney Fudge Bars in Meiklejohn's shop in Thurso Street, Wick) Failing that, any fudge would do as a second best, I guess.
    I made it for the first time for Christmas dinner and I agree delicious!!!!
    Got Orkney Fudge from DR Simpsons papershop.

Aha, D.R. Simpsons didn't have any left the last time I was in. You must have been in the queue before me.

Thumbs up

I had some for Christmas dinner as well; mmmm....... courtesy of my sister-in-law.

Could you manage another slice soon and could you bear to share with some other Orgers?

Exclamation

I have my diary in front of me......

It's ok Torvaig - I did not mean "cheese-cake slicers at dawn". There will be plenty for all

Default Orkney Fudge Cheesecake

Quote Originally Posted by Moira View Post
    Aha, D.R. Simpsons didn't have any left the last time I was in. You must have been in the queue before me.
    Must have just bet you to it as there was only 1 left after I got mine. I will now go to Meiklejohns so I have some for New Year dinner!!

Orkney fudge also available at the Mace in Hillhead Road, Wick. (Jonas's)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast