Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Orkney fudge cheesecake

Question

Ok after all these good reports Im going to give it a try for New Year. Ive never made a cheesecake before and Im scared

Anyone got anymore tips for me? And also where will I find a 9 and a half inch loose bottomed tin in Wick?

You can get one of those tins out of tesco, i think it is £8-99

Ah Thanks will go and have a lookie just now

Ok got the tin, £8 from Tesco (thanks nicnic74) but anyone planning on making it for New Year better hurry for the ingredients!!!

Tesco are out of normal philly, though they have plenty of the light and extra light varieties (not sure they would work the same tho ) Cream was flying out the door.!! and I havent even looked for the Orkney Fudge yet

Smile Another Recipe to try

Hi this is the recipe I got from one off my work friends slightly different to the first two in this thread but its great

Base :- 6oz of Digestives crushed mixed with 3oz melted butter.k

Topping :- 4oz Icing sugar creamed with 8oz Philli cheese then mix in a toffee yoghurt (I used a muiller light toffee yoghurt) Then fold this mixture into 1/2 a pint of whipped double cream then add some chopped fudge.

Then chill for a few hours or overnight - then eat yum yum yum

Default so easy

wow made it for christmas to take to my inlaws and went down a treat! so easy to make, i used markies oat biscuits....... thanks for sharing your recipe anne

Default Orkney fudge cheesecake

Quote Originally Posted by Anne x View Post
    Torvaig, Moira, now well that is why my waist has expanded in last few months Moira tut Creme fraiche double cream to order

never you mind was at a BBQ tonight with nice Caitness folk and they brought fruit laced with alcohol for the barbie alcohol a option will post soon really delicious
    Hi Anne,

my wife found your recipe and we all want to try it for Christmas -could she make it on Christmas Eve -or does it have to be made on the actual day -its just a wee bit hectic on Christmas morning.

hope you can advise
    many thanks in advance

Mog
    mo

Hi elastic band
    I'm not convinced that Anne x looks into these forums anymore.
    From experience I would recommend that you make the Orkney Fudge Cheesecake at least the day before.
    Good luck & enjoy....!

Cool orkney fudge cheesecake

Hi Moira,

thank you for taking the time to reply -my wife is planning to make it Christmas Eve once the kids are in bed. She has asked that thanks are also passed to Anne for the original recipe.

Happy festive season everyone.

Mog.
    mo

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234