Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Harbour Cafe, Wick

Quote Originally Posted by Baconbuttie View Post
    What did you get for £5.50 had a good breakfast in Skiach for £3.50 (2 Bacon, 1 Sausage, half Tom, Fried Bread, Egg, Mushrooms & Tea)
    I must admit we went there for breakfast one morning last week and although the food was nice i did feel the breakfasts were a little expensive.

Default Value for money

I have also called at the Skiach and would consider what I had there good value for money,However I dont think the overall package at the Skiach would make me visit twice if there breakfast was £5-50. I will use the Habour Cafe again though.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Kevin, I agree with you the breakfast at the Harbour is very good. I have never had bacon at the Skiach which I could eat and the eggs can usually be bounced. Breakfast is a funny thing, you want it where you are when you need it, don`t want to travel miles for it.

Down the line I would always prefer "Tall Pines " at Dornoch`s breakfast over the Skiach, in Wick the harbour would have the edge over Morag`s

HOWEVER for the best breakfast ever when you are out and about try the Laidhay croft museum tea shop. Only open in the summer months and last year it wasn`t open on a Monday, but well worth the trip out.

Maybe we should start a "Breakfast " thread?
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123