Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Ladies Football

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Ladies Football

Hello, is there any ladies out there who would like to take up football its not just a male game, would be good if someone thought about taken training its worth ago don't you think. Be great if there was a ladies highland league

Would love to!

I know that there was a few ladies trying to get a football team started in Thurso. they has the gym hall but Im not sure if they are still going.

I think a womans football teams would be good.. I think the best way round is getting training first then maye try and get into a small league like the Caithness 7s league first to make sure you have enough bodies to cover a team.

Default ladies football

yes i do remember something about the ladies football in thurso i did get in contact with them but didn't hear any more about it, caithness 7's would be good but its getting someone to train and where?

Basically you need someone with a training certificate and someone who can provide first aid. Once you have this then all you need is to find a place to train which probably the best place would be is the games hall or gym in the high schools

When I moved up here 4 years ago I tried setting up a Ladies team. Got alot of interest but sadly not enough to hold regular training sessions.

I contacted the 7's league to see if we could join them. They would have been very happy for us to do so, but it never happened.

I also went on some coaching courses ran by Ross County.

Basically was lacking general support for a ladies team (no one was pepared to help, and those that said they would didn't), lacking interest (especially during winter, when cold & dark & wet), lacking a suitable training venue (we used the Bower School football field for free).

There were also issues of payment for a venue, but perhaps if we had joined the 7's that might not have been a problem.

Anyway, I'd be interested in joining a team if you get one set-up.

If The Caithness ladies need me to do a website for them then give me a shout.

I have a new template you could use here?

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~bria...tball%2002.htm
    Regards

Brian Mackay
    www.caithnessfootie.co.uk

if little miss sunshine can get back to me, then we can start arranging something.

Just wondered what was happening!

I've not heard anything back.

I'm only prepared to assist others in setting this up, and will not do it on my own (been there done that, never again!).

Looks like the idea may be shelved!

LADIES FOOTBALL