Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ladies Football

Default Ladies Football

Hello, is there any ladies out there who would like to take up football its not just a male game, would be good if someone thought about taken training its worth ago don't you think. Be great if there was a ladies highland league

Would love to!

I know that there was a few ladies trying to get a football team started in Thurso. they has the gym hall but Im not sure if they are still going.

I think a womans football teams would be good.. I think the best way round is getting training first then maye try and get into a small league like the Caithness 7s league first to make sure you have enough bodies to cover a team.

Default ladies football

yes i do remember something about the ladies football in thurso i did get in contact with them but didn't hear any more about it, caithness 7's would be good but its getting someone to train and where?

Basically you need someone with a training certificate and someone who can provide first aid. Once you have this then all you need is to find a place to train which probably the best place would be is the games hall or gym in the high schools

When I moved up here 4 years ago I tried setting up a Ladies team. Got alot of interest but sadly not enough to hold regular training sessions.

I contacted the 7's league to see if we could join them. They would have been very happy for us to do so, but it never happened.

I also went on some coaching courses ran by Ross County.

Basically was lacking general support for a ladies team (no one was pepared to help, and those that said they would didn't), lacking interest (especially during winter, when cold & dark & wet), lacking a suitable training venue (we used the Bower School football field for free).

There were also issues of payment for a venue, but perhaps if we had joined the 7's that might not have been a problem.

Anyway, I'd be interested in joining a team if you get one set-up.

One more thing i might add that if you get the numbers then get a sponsor for a set of strips and hopefully they will provide some funds to go towards the costs of entering the 7's league.

Let me know if you want some help
    Last edited by Moonboots; 23-Feb-08 at 16:30.

my wife would love to participate. could you keep me informed please.

Count me in aswell!

ermmmmm i can take the black eyes and i'd b happy ta keep the public entertained. Count me in. ( yes i can run )
    WoRdS ShOuLd Be SiMpLe An VoIcEs SoFt !!!

Default Reply to moonboots

we have a few ladies interested in the game but do you know of anyone whom would like to train us, i'm not sure who to ask about this bit

hey there. im dc1's daughter and i would also like to play football. why dont you try some of the wick academy players or people involved as some of them have coaching certificates.

Pretty soon theres going to be level 1 and 2 coaching sessions. im not sure how long this will be but I will let you know when i find out more.

I've done the level 1 & 2 SFA coaching courses, but wouldn't feel comfortable doing the coaching on my own.

You would need someone much more experienced than me.

I have been asking around but still waiting for replys, hopefully someone will train us, thats good to know that you have level 1 & 2

I would get in contact with the Caithness Boys Football Association as they are arranging courses for coaching soon and maybe they could put someone through it for a small fee or either put you in the right direction.

Im going to be doing my coaching course soon and might be able to help out if need be

where can you find out about doing coaching courses?

Quote Originally Posted by gemma89 View Post
    where can you find out about doing coaching courses?
    You would be better to contact the CAFA and they might be able to advise but I will try and find out a number and forward it to you.

thanks.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast