Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Help

Default Help

Hi all , went down the garden yesterday and there is a very small nest made on the ground in the grass , problem is next door have a cat which often comes into our garden , what can i do ?

Have you any thing that would make a protective cage around the nest allowing the birds access but denying the cat?

Hi Lizz , got some chicken wire today and will put a frame together and give them protection that way

Too late , not next doors cat to blame but our local resident sparrow hawk has taken mother and the eggs

They are spectacular but mean are Sparrow Hawks they used to raid my garden down south.

Sparrow Hawks are beautiful though, however mean they may be, this is the circle of life, and you can feel good that you didn't cause the danger by moving the nest or anything like that.
    I have a brilliant secret when it comes to bird watching. I go out early while it's still dark and sit down somewhere in the woods. When the day begins I scatter live bird food about me, and it attracts loads of them for me to take pictures of, it's brilliant.