Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Oh what a beautiful sight!

Default Oh what a beautiful sight!

Went to make a cup of coffee this morning and here was 18!!! goldfinches feeding in the garden, could not get them all in the photo but here is some to share with u all.

what a brilliant picture I just get flocks of sparrows
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Default Grrrr

Got six of them about here too but no chance of a photo point the camera and they're gone.
    What a sight to see though, they are my favourite small bird, like flying jewels.

I also have many, along with a lot of siskins, but like Lizz, point and camera and they are gone. But will keep trying. Hope you're giving them lots of niger seed.

Great picture Highlander. I just get Starlings

That is just typical. We were on a birdrace today (trying to find as many species as we can in one day) and Goldfinch was one bird we never saw. Nice to see you got some good photos, they are beautiful birds.

We were round your way too in the afternoon. Look out for a large flock of Snow Bunting though. They were flying around the fields just at the sharp bend as you come up from the crossraods.
    Away with the birds

Hi Kas i thought i seen the snowbuntings, best place to see them is feeding around sheep troughs.

Fantastic pic, highlander! they are sparks of color in this drab season. -H

You are lucky!! I have feeders out but not getting any birds to feed. Not even starlings. Think there must be a sparrow hawk or something scaring them off and we dont even have a cat!! Anyone have any tips to entice them back or is that just my bad luck and I will have to live with it?

gorgeous! One day I will have more time to watch birds.

Skinnydog just make sure you always have niger seeds out at all times, when i first put out the feeders two years ago, i got nothing for the first year, there seems to be an abundance of them at the moment, yet i have not seen greenfinches for 3 months. They will come back to you.
    BTW how many goldfinches can you count in my picture? lol

I will give it my best shot and say 10?!

Well done! i could only get 9, was told by hubby to look again, and had to have the 10th pointed out to me lol

What a lovely photo of such beautiful birds!

Makes me wish I had persevered with the Niger seed now.

I can see 10 birds as well. One is in mid flight.

super photo highlander..all i get is scorries..keep them coming..

Great photo Highlander. They are beautiful as well. All i ever see are Blackbirds, scorries spougs and stukkies.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Skinnydog just make sure you always have niger seeds out at all times, when i first put out the feeders two years ago, i got nothing for the first year, there seems to be an abundance of them at the moment, yet i have not seen greenfinches for 3 months. They will come back to you.
    BTW how many goldfinches can you count in my picture? lol
    I'm so jealous Highlander, I never get Goldfinches out here at my end of the village, even though that lucky rascal Scunner does <pout>! But, I think I may have your Greenfinches - they've been hanging around constantly for weeks now, along with the occasional Blue Tit. I have some Greenfinch pics, but they're not very good. Will see if I can get them uploaded some time...
    WeeBurd.

The goldfinches and siskins have left me in the lurch. Maybe I've been too good to them. Still have the Blackbirds and the starlings, and the robin, tits and chaffinch. Also have a couple of doves, that visit every day. Good part of the village ho ho