Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Budge/Henderson in Latheron

Ralph Henderson Guest

Default Budge/Henderson in Latheron

Researching William and Isobell (Jack) Henderson of Halkirk, came accross record of a Donald Budge of Skinnet witnessing William's niece's baptism in 1804. I've also found a record of a Donald Budge marrying an Isobel Henderson in Latheron on 08 Jan 1788. Does anyone have any knowledge about these folks?

Ralph
    I have 4 possible children for Donald.
    Unfortunately mother not given but only ones in Latheron to a Donald around the time of his marriage. From OPR Microfiche. 38 0 1 8
    To Donald Budge:
    ----- OC FEB 1788 Latheron
    ANN OC NOV 1792 Latheron
    HELLEN OC NOV 1789 Latheron
    JOHN OC JUL 1779 Latheron

Tricia

Default Donald Budge and Isobel Henderson

Donald and Isobel are direct desendents of mine.

Donald was born Oct 1754 in Knockinnon, Latheron. His father was James Budge.
    Isobel was born 14 January 1755 also in Knockinnan, Latheron. Her father was Donnald Henderson.
    There son John Budge was born 01 July 1779.
    He later married Jannet Sutherland on 08 March 1810 and had 13 children of which Betty Budge is my line.
    Betty Married Alexander Bruce in 1849 and they had 3 children but she died at the age of 29.
    Her eldest son John Bruce was born 1851 and is my line.
    The Bruce family lived in the large farm complex of Niend close to the Latheron church. There were 4 farmhouses all next to each other with 5 large families in residence.
    I think there were some Hendersons amoungst them.