Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Mother's day

Default Mother's day

A few years ago my daughter bought me a book entitled "The World's best Mother." I thought you might like to share some of the sentiments in it.

"What is a mother? The handle on my reins,the defender of my dreams, the cushion when I fall."

"When it is time for me to tidy up my bedroom I hide things under the bed. I don't how she knows they are there."

"My mother is like a tall fruit tree because she is strong,tall and big.My mother is like a morning because she is like the sun shine coming up.My mother is like a mango because she is sweet and delicious.My mother is like thee thuinder because she is some times angry with me.My mother is like an armchair beacuse she is cosy and warm."

"Mothers were sent into this world to nag dads about money to buy dresses for no reason."

"My mother reminds me of a penguin.She would keep me safe from the cruel seagulls and snap and herd me back to the nest when I wandered and got lost.I would learn to keep away from fishy sharks and learn the skills of the ocean.I would be the best kept penguin around."

There are many more in this little book, edited by Helen Exley,
    ISBN 1-85015-296-9

Default My Mother and my friend

I wish that we could somehow slow
    The seasons as they come and go,
    I laugh and then I sadly sigh
    When thinking of those times gone by.

A loving mother through those years,
    You cared for me and calmed my fears.
    I treasure when you held my hand
    Or taught me how to take a stand.

You never had great wealth or fame,
    But better still was your good name.
    Examples that you firmly set
    Are lessons that I won't forget.

Your life's a lovely, choice bouquet,
    And you're God's love put on display.
    Such love as this will never end,
    For you're my mother and my friend.

I am so sorry - I 'm guilty of not putting the author's name here - to be honest, this poem has been on my computer for years it having been given to me when my own mothter died in 1990. When I copied it to this thread I just didn't think. LB
    Last edited by Lavenderblue2; 02-Mar-08 at 21:17. Reason: Apology