Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stupid questions thread

Red face Stupid questions thread

Ok guys this is THE thread for asking stupid questions that you have always wanted to know the answer to ,but haven't asked OR haven't been given the answer to.......ok so i will start it of,how come you never see birds fall out of the sky dead?(apart from when they have been shot) do they never fly across the sky to be-suddenly -struck down by a heart attack or something? In all my years I have never ever seen a bird drop down dead out of the sky.....why? x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Good question!

I'd like to know where can I get a t-shirt showing the face of the man who shot Che Guevara?

welllllll......if you answer mine I will answer yours x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Here is a silly question i also wonder about who has the right idea us having to work for a living to pay bills all our life or the people that live in tribes in the forests and so on who just worry about there next meal and they dont have to worry about getting on the housing ladder just build a house with the wood lying about.
    i also wonder what it would be like to be back in the days when there was cowboys and indians must be great just having a horse with a blanket and coffee pot in the saddle and wonder from town to to town and if anybody annoys u you just shoot him and thats the end of it.
    Well thats my stupid question for now.

Why does stale bread make better toast?
    Talking To God....
    http://www.fullmoon.nu/articles/art.php?id=tal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Me19 View Post
    err maybe cos thats all you have x

Oh please miss? Miss?? <bounces up and down> I know the answer to that one Miss! Oh pleeeease miss......

karia Guest

Because it makes rubbish sandwiches!

I am sure there's an answer containing starches and molecular change as well..J4berwock will supply those.

j4bberwOck you cant say that and then disappear.............put the boy out of his misery! x

Default Shinie side out or in

On aluminium foil which side do you put out/in - is there a right side and a wrong side??
    I was asked this many years ago and it appears is one of those questions there is no correct answer or do you know differently?

I have one.

why does the checkout operator in Thurso co-op never say please or thankyou???
    I am the sundance kid, coming to you with a groove and a positive

Quote Originally Posted by pat View Post
    On aluminium foil which side do you put out/in - is there a right side and a wrong side??
    I was asked this many years ago and it appears is one of those questions there is no correct answer or do you know differently?
    seemingly its shiny side out...although I would have thought that that would deflect heat x

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    j4bberwOck you cant say that and then disappear.............put the boy out of his misery! x
    I think it's the water content. Most people seem to like toast sort of crunchy or "biscuity" - cooked right through. Stale toast toasts faster because you don't need to cook the water out of it first. So it's "biscuity" / crisper right through without having to be so brown on the outside.

Hopefully, anyway.

Me, I like hot melty. Still soft in the middle, well browned on the outside, and slathered with butter (while still scorching hot) and Marmite. Marmite is still one of the greatest gifts of the UK to the world. <sigh>

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    that would deflect heat x
    Radiant heat, perhaps a little more would be deflected by the shiny side. Conducted heat (hot air in oven to foil to meat), no difference I can think of.

yuck...marmite I suppose each to their own...me I like it cold,burnt and crunchy x

Thumbs up

[quote=j4bberw0ck;
    Me, I like hot melty. Still soft in the middle, well browned on the outside, and slathered with butter (while still scorching hot) and Marmite. Marmite is still one of the greatest gifts of the UK to the world. <sigh>[/quote]

Best way to get that effect is to use frozen bread!

My question is:-

"Why isn't there anything funnier than fowk?"
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Rheggers...thats cos I am the funniest thing ever x

Quote Originally Posted by the charlatans View Post
    I have one.

why does the checkout operator in Thurso co-op never say please or thankyou???
    Coz they`re bloody miserable,wouldn`t you be sitting in that place for hours on end .
    Don`t bother "repping" me it`s turned off.

A Toast question again, Why does a slice of toast invariably land on the buttered side when it falls?
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast