Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Budge Family

Joan Walker Guest

Default Budge Family

Several years ago, a series of posts were run concerning the Budge family. I am now researching this family and would like to make contact with those who were involved before.

Following is the excerpted copy of one of those posts from Freida Murray, Chepstow.
    Mon.

"My grandfather was William Budge born in Clyth, Lybster, Caithness in 1880
    December 30th.
    He was the illegitimate son of William Budge and Margaret Sutherland - they married in 1883.
    There were seven other children.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Records given to me some years ago show:

Catherine Budge born in Lybster in 1856 marr. James Sutherland in 1878 in Wick.

Her father was Alexander Budge born 1822 - d 1882
    married Catherine Sinclair in 1850

This Alexander was born in Occumpster and died in Lybster. Boat carpenter and Fisherman.

There were 8 children.

I'm told this is the line that DONALD Budge comes from.....Cousin to my grandfather.

I have a newspaper obituary of Donald Budge (John Donald Budge born June 13th 1915. died in January 2000)
    His father was as a printer and had played football for Glasgow Rangers but moved his family to California.
    His son contacted me in the late 1980s.

Hope you find this of some interest.

Freida Murray. (Chepstow, Mon)"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Would love to hear from the original posters - Jan, Freida, Tricia, etc.

Joan Walker
    Washington State USA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Default Budge / Caithness

Hallo Joan,
    I have sent you my email address by PM and look forward to hearing from you.
    Happy to exchange any info .

Kind regards
    Freida Murray

Hi Joan

Happy to exchange - have quite a bit on various Budge Families.
    email tricia.barnett@btinternet.com

Tricia

Joan Walker Guest

Default Budge

Hi Freida and Tricia,

Thank you both for your response. I am sending each of you an identical mail to your private addresses describing the information I am looking for concerning the Budge family.

Joan