Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Disabled reputation

Over the pond, but not quite over the hill yet

Default Disabled reputation

Some users have disabled their reputation (and have a little dark blue square instead of a green one). Yet I have found I'm still able to give good reputation to those users, if I feel their post warrants it. Does this mean they can still view the reputation and comments given to them, but they just won't have any green squares showing?
    I am living for today, always remembering yesterday, and looking forward to tomorrow!

Often wondered that one myself Sporran, and can they still give rep to others.

check your rep sporran
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

I can't view my rep though like this.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Thanks Unicorn, you've just answered my part of the question.

Yes, users with disabled reputation CAN give rep. While I can't see my rep with it turned off, I do occasionally go in and turn it on temporarily just to see what people have given me rep for.

What I do find infuriating is having to spread my rep around (c'mon admin, lower the value!) so I get round this by PMing the person a wee note instead.

Thanks Bobinovich.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post
    Yes, users with disabled reputation CAN give rep. While I can't see my rep with it turned off, I do occasionally go in and turn it on temporarily just to see what people have given me rep for.

What I do find infuriating is having to spread my rep around (c'mon admin, lower the value!) so I get round this by PMing the person a wee note instead.
    I agree, Bobinovich, I feel quite degraded being told to spread it about a bit first.
    WeeBurd.

karia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WeeBurd View Post
    I agree, Bobinovich, I feel quite degraded being told to spread it about a bit first.
    Hi Weeburd,

I told Bobinovich that was exactly what my mother told me not to do...sheesh mixed messages!
    Last edited by karia; 28-Jan-08 at 22:32. Reason: Didn't give someone a deserved capital!

I found the whole reputation thing a complete mystery until today, now I have it sussed!

Over the pond, but not quite over the hill yet

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post

Thanks for answering my question, Bobinovich, and I appreciate everyone else's input too. I find it frustrating as well when I want to give someone good rep, and the system won't let me!
    I am living for today, always remembering yesterday, and looking forward to tomorrow!

Default Help - Don't understand this rep business

Sorry but I've looked in FAQ's etc., and I can't find anything about this rep business. I know I have a little blue square that's disabled. Why's that? How do you post good reps/bad reps? View your own etc.? If you can direct me to the explanation I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tilter View Post
    Sorry but I've looked in FAQ's etc., and I can't find anything about this rep business. I know I have a little blue square that's disabled. Why's that? How do you post good reps/bad reps? View your own etc.? If you can direct me to the explanation I'd be very grateful.

Thanks
    Go to your User Cp the options are there
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more