Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: estate agents

Default estate agents

looking for recommendations for estate agents. Needing to sell due to relocation.
    looking for a quick sale. I have a couple in mind but would like some peoples views first

Quote Originally Posted by bluewickers View Post
    looking for recommendations for estate agents. Needing to sell due to relocation.
    looking for a quick sale. I have a couple in mind but would like some peoples views first
    Wouldn't go to any in Caithness get better deal and more efficient service further south.

Default estate agent in wick

I've used the mortgage shop in Wick a couple of times now & find them very prompt & professional. Having no prior experience in property they made the transaction very stress free & painless for me. It might be worth popping in a look.
    Sam

Thumbs up Two for you

I would also go with the Mortgage Shop, I used them when I moved home a couple of years ago and found their service very efficent. I am also told that Georgesons also have a good reputation.

http://www.georgesons.co.uk/

http://www.pollardmortgageshop.co.uk/
    Last edited by mccaugm; 30-Jan-08 at 19:44. Reason: typo
    Spring has sprung, the grass is ris', I wonder where the birdies is, the birdies is on d' wing, now thats absurd, everyone knows d' wing is on d' bird

Default estate agents

I found Mr Pollard the most rude arogant person I have ever dealt with. I would not go back to him or advise anyone to. Sorry speak as you find.
    n/a

Quote Originally Posted by sadam View Post
    I found Mr Pollard the most rude arogant person I have ever dealt with. I would not go back to him or advise anyone to. Sorry speak as you find.
    Glad i'm not the only one who had this impression then! Had a bad experience with him last year.

Erm which mr pollard ???? there are 2

dealt with them both, Ian twice he seemed very nice and got us a quick sale and dealt with donald once not as easy to get on with but got the job done all the same .

Ian now deals with sales etc , donald deals with the mortgages and insurance bits .

try young & robertson using them at moment excellent service

Quote Originally Posted by flip View Post
    try young & robertson using them at moment excellent service
    Hmmmmmm.......

Every time i've asked them to contact me with details of suitable properties, they have never once bothered to do it. In fact, I got the distinct impression that they expected me to do all the legwork and ask them repeatedly if they had anything suitable

My friend went in (Wick branch) to chase up an offer she'd put in on a property they were marketing, the person at the desk completely blanked her and continued gassing (gossip) on the phone.

I certainly wouldn't put my house with them. Lazy and indifferent in my experience.

I've dealt with ID Pollard ( Mortgage Shop) and Georgesons, both were very good. I've also dealt with Stephen Copinger at Highland Law Practice during his time at Georgesons, I was happy with him as well.

Smile

Thanks for the replys. House is now up for sale with Drever and Heddle.
    Anyone wanting to buy a house see them. lol

Funny how different people get different impressions. I have found all the Pollards people very helpful and friendly and you get a much better welcome going into their premises than from some other agents.

Personally I would not use Drever & Heddle because I found one of their partners extremely rude although a lady who answered the phone was fine. Their website is hopeless. What I like about Pollards is they take the trouble to be accurate, which most others up here simply don't. You see spelling mistakes, incorrect postcodes leading to wrong maps etc. and every time I wonder - does nobody check?
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Funny how different people get different impressions. I have found all the Pollards people very helpful and friendly and you get a much better welcome going into their premises than from some other agents.

Personally I would not use Drever & Heddle because I found one of their partners extremely rude although a lady who answered the phone was fine. Their website is hopeless. What I like about Pollards is they take the trouble to be accurate, which most others up here simply don't. You see spelling mistakes, incorrect postcodes leading to wrong maps etc. and every time I wonder - does nobody check?

have to say up until recently i had been happy with pollards on the whole ...but recently a flaw came to light that they had set up for us .. an expensive one i may add and i now have to wonder if they have just got money hungry like the rest of them , always felt they cared more about there customers but not anymore .... thankfully i was able to fix the problem and got a new mortgage at a fantastic rate and 7 years less on it to pay ...something pollards wernt able (didnt want) to do .

they also recently charged a friend 250 to set up new mortgage but on reading fine print they discovered that they also got paid from the lender ..should be one or the other not both as clearly stated in their policy .

i would use them to sell ( as there website much better with pics etc ) but never again for mortgage , financial advice

Default Opinions please.....!

Hiya, we're considering changing estate agents and I'm looking for peoples opinions please as to who they think the best one is in Caithness????
    Ta for your help, Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Hiya, we're considering changing estate agents .....
    Lou - I've moved your post here. Hope you find the above info useful.