Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Astronot's First Gig Of The Year...

I hope fwiw is not For what its worth.Oh come on yer jokin right.Lyrics..........we're Doomed!!!
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

As it turns out, I don't write lyrics... so, that doesn't bother me. FWIW is indeed internet short hand.

I like slagging people off, in fact, I do it on a daily basis. The fact that people can take a joke and not react like an idiot by flying off the handle, makes me like them. The fact that those two bite so easily... well, it just makes them easy targets for a laugh

Make millions? I doubt it. Have a laugh playing music with my mates... INDEED!

And if you have a laugh playing music with your friends,then you have a head start on many.But,ma criticism at the end of the day was you slagging off fellow Caithness musicians in this thread.As I have said I am a LISTENER of music,I rate Astronot the same as I do the other bands in Caithness.I have sung and danced to them all.Ye sound a bit bitter though,are ye?

Bitter? Me? Nah, I've got nothing to be bitter about.

Most people would've laughed that off and said very funny.

In fact, having read the thread, I've not really slagged anyone off. In fact, I've taken influence. People seemed to respond to them when they said what cabs they were using, and that was fine. I was just taking a leaf out of their book

Cabs?I thought this was music we were talking aboot.

*Taxi for Cedric Farthsbottom III!*
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric Farthsbottom III View Post
    Cabs?I thought this was music we were talking aboot.
    Read the thread biy, then read one of the Fats' threads, you'll understand then

I read all this and find the whole thing distasteful. I have watched barbs flying hither and thither for years now. Jeid this was your thread that you chose to use as a stick to try and beat people with. It is OK taking the p*** out of your mates; My reading of these exchanges is that you and your targets are far from cordial and are unlikely to ever develop the warmth that would make harsh banter acceptable.
    It does noone credit to write this stuff, enough has been said to make personal opinions clear, bile from e town and disdain from the head. Nuff said Eh?
    I don't particularly want to express any feelings at all really, I'd just prefer to part of a music scene that was civil at the least, and read posts that informed me of stuff I don't know already.

A comment about cabs distasteful? Pull the other one...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    How many people in this thread have reached a wee bit of fame?

Oh, nobody... how about you take your own advice, remove your own heid from your own arse... and start talking sense.

And, fwiw, you make no bloody sense. How many band members remain in a band after they reach a wee bit of fame... not many? How come we hear bands every week on the Radio, who've had a wee bit of fame? They're still in a band... christ, if you're going to try and get a dig in, at least get something in which has some beef behind it.

Poor... boo to you.

If this was a test, you'd score a "C" and a teacher would mark it... "must try harder"
    I didnae need a taxi after all.What band guys havnae remained in a band after fame.What about Syd Barrett fae Pink Floyd,Diz Minnit fae Marillion and Richie Manic fae Manic Street Preachers.The bands ye see everyday have a look back in their days and see.Ye will find someone who was brilliant but didnae continue on with the journey.

11. Default

.What about Syd Barrett fae Pink Floyd,Diz Minnit fae Marillion and Richie Manic fae Manic Street Preachers.
    To be fair, Syd was mental and Richie was mental too

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Potato Head View Post
    True,but they added an essence that kept the rest of the band going on.They didnae all split up.It was individuals who left.But the music made them grow stronger to success.There are bands who kept their original line up,but other bands should sometimes look back and think would we be here if it wisnae for [fill in the blanks]

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Potato Head View Post
    This boy has a fair point.

I don't really get your point anyway as it's irrelevent. Nobody in this thread has reached an ounce of fame(to the best of my knowledge anyway).

If you look at your original quote

see how many band members remain in a band after they reach a wee bit o fame
    It made no real sense. How many band members remain in a band after they reach a wee bit of fame? Quite a lot. I answered that already.

Then tonight you ask the same question

What band guys havnae remained in a band after fame?
    What guys havnae remained in a band? All the guys that quit? All that guys that had other things in their lives that were more important.

That's like asking "how many people haven't remained in their job after a promotion?" a lot... it's how life is.

Roger Keith Barrett had schizophrenia. Richie Edwards suffered from manic(ho ho) depression. Diz Minnit quit Marillion... so, what exactly are you getting at?

There are bands who kept their original line up,but other bands should sometimes look back and think would we be here if it wisnae for [fill in the blanks]
    Ok, so in Astronot's case, who is the missing person?

You're not making your point very clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    Ok, so in Astronot's case, who is the missing person?

You're not making your point very clear.
    I apologise to this one.For my naivety might be bound.Cos reading the thread there was a band before Astronot.

You're slevering something biy...

Default Well frickin done dudes

I am so proud of you guys
    playing there when u live here
    well done.

Cedric Farthsbottom III

what?

seriously i mind jeid when he had acne and the drummer when i was drunk, but seriously

W E L L D O N E DONT SEE ANYONE ELSE DOIN IT??????

HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Default Oops

just read the thread

oops sorry carry on your pointless orgument

Acne? Lolz, I never had acne.

Cheers Rob, much appreciated

Default You Choob

can we here astronought on u tube?

(aye I do know its spelled differently)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast