Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Astronot's First Gig Of The Year...

Yeah, just do a quick search biy.

My pointless orgument.I hope Astronot go on to a great success.I hope they do.But when ye stick the viccies up to other Caithness artists thats a shame.I'm a listener of music.
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

Default no i dont search just click

click...................nuffin

click click just incase click

nuffin

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric Farthsbottom III View Post
    My pointless orgument.I hope Astronot go on to a great success.I hope they do.But when ye stick the viccies up to other Caithness artists thats a shame.I'm a listener of music.
    We're as guilty as each other

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    We're as guilty as each other
    Yer not guilty.I've heard ye play,you are a good band.But to me in ma travels,yer no better than any local band I have heard.So go on Jeid,prove me wrong.Ye know what biy I hope you do.

Default well done rob, pat pat, my god your an octopus

ANOTHER ORG CRIME SORTED BY MOI

p.s. i really should be admin, instead of logging off and on pretending to be other people...oops

Quote Originally Posted by roblovesplastic View Post

p.s. i really should be admin, instead of logging off and on pretending to be other people...oops
    Ye've no sorted an org crime rob,Jessica Fletchers better lookin than ye

True,but they added an essence that kept the rest of the band going on.They didnae all split up.It was individuals who left.But the music made them grow stronger to success.There are bands who kept their original line up,but other bands should sometimes look back and think would we be here if it wisnae for [fill in the blanks]
    Fleetwood Mac are a perfect example, multiple band members but still a super group. Would pete best have made a difference one way or another to the beatles? Even though ringo was the weak link they were still a global phenomenom. If Bon Scott had lived would ac/dc still have become one of the greatest bands of all time or did Brian Johnson elevate them to places they could never go with Bon? How would they have done with Garry Holton as their lead singer?
    Last edited by TBH; 15-Feb-08 at 22:32.

Quote Originally Posted by TBH View Post
    Fleetwood Mac are a perfect example.
    You have educated me tonight TBH.What I love about music is that ye mention the band members at the time.And most folk say oh aye.But Mr Peter Green was more of a band member to Fleetwood Mac than mac was himself.I agree with the youngsters on this thread though,I have been the major sinner.Someone start a thread on old bands and original members,bet we have a rare treat.

You have educated me tonight TBH.What I love about music is that ye mention the band members at the time.And most folk say oh aye.But Mr Peter Green was more of a band member to Fleetwood Mac than mac was himself.I agree with the youngsters on this thread though,I have been the major sinner.Someone start a thread on old bands and original members,bet we have a rare treat.
    Peter Green was the founding member of The Mac. A talent which prompted BB King to state, "peter green has more talent in his little pinky than I have in my entire body". The Mac, Peter Green, Danny Kirwan, Jeremy Spencer, Bob Welch, Bob West, Lindsay Buckingham, a bit of an embarrassment of riches. This band was blessed with talent.

Yer not guilty.I've heard ye play,you are a good band.But to me in ma travels,yer no better than any local band I have heard.So go on Jeid,prove me wrong.Ye know what biy I hope you do.
    Fair enough, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by roblovesplastic View Post

Wis the org crime mine?My ye are naive?What are ye wanting?Dae I remember the good ole days when the forum was full of humour in the general section,I do.A joke section was made.So go to it.Me,I've found ma own cosy living room.When I want to come on to the org its by me,only me.Admin is the guys who set up this site,moderators are who moderate.I am neither,I'm an orger,now and again,so deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by TBH View Post
    If Bon Scott had lived would ac/dc still have become one of the greatest bands of all time or did Brian Johnson elevate them to places they could never go with Bon? How would they have done with Garry Holton as their lead singer?
    When Bon died, AC/DC were already one of the greatest bands of all time. There is nowhere they could not have gone with him.

As for the Gary Holton suggestion? You're having a laugh, eh? Mentioning the two in the same paragraph is an insult, both to the memory of Bon Scott, and to the self-professed inadequacies of Mr Holton.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    When Bon died, AC/DC were already one of the greatest bands of all time. There is nowhere they could not have gone with him.

As for the Gary Holton suggestion? You're having a laugh, eh? Mentioning the two in the same paragraph is an insult, both to the memory of Bon Scott, and to the self-professed inadequacies of Mr Holton.
    As a fan of Bon Scott, Garry Holton would not have been my first choice as a replacement but he was still a front-runner for the position after Bon died, maybe a saving grace that Brian Johnson got the gig.

A saving grace would have been the band calling it quits, much as Led Zep did.

But fair dues to AC/DC and Brian Johnson. They turned a disaster into a fairly successful venture for them, and released some great records over a long, long time.

It's just, for me, they were never the same after Bon. They became a different animal, with a different ethos. The subtlety and raw dynamic overdriven blues-based power was lost in favour of I-V power-chords and screeching vocals.

Brian Johnson could not ever even contemplate singing 'Ride On', for instance.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    A saving grace would have been the band calling it quits, much as Led Zep did.

But fair dues to AC/DC and Brian Johnson. They turned a disaster into a fairly successful venture for them, and released some great records over a long, long time.

It's just, for me, they were never the same after Bon. They became a different animal, with a different ethos. The subtlety and raw dynamic overdriven blues-based power was lost in favour of I-V power-chords and screeching vocals.

Brian Johnson could not ever even contemplate singing 'Ride On', for instance.
    ///////Agreed.

Had a great night on Friday, was pretty busy. Made some new friends on the way.

Cheers to bigkev for helping us out

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123