Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Daily Mail free war movies

Default Daily Mail free war movies

Are they running this promotion in Scotland?
    Every day I've trotted to Tesco on me way home, weary from work.....submitting the auld Audi to numerous lardy speed bumps at the retail park...to pick up my free film.

Some real curious titles in the bunch too I have to say.

'Went the Day Well' ...one of my all time favourite Brit-flicks was an early title in the set. We're coming to the fag-end now but '49thParallel' which I started to watch last night is a real propaganda piece, aimed at drawing North America into the war.

'Carve Her Name with Pride' ...'The Long and the Short and the Tall'...'WE Dive at Dawn' blummin' loads of 'em...about twenty in all.

Apparently today's 'The Lion Has Wings' is another to tug at emotional patriotic heartstrings - made less than two months after the outbreak of war in a couple of weeks!

With Johhny Mills and Kenneth More prominent, these old black and white efforts have been soothing me to sleep nightly for almost a fortnight.
    Not bad for nowt...and cheaper than cocoa.

Yes percy, they are running it in Scotland as well, got a few of them. I've seem most of the films in the past but I'm sure they will be handy when there is nothing much on TV.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

Hey Percy - "Went The Day Well" is one of my faves too! Enjoy your black and white lullabies lol!

Quote Originally Posted by percy toboggan View Post
    Not bad for nowt...and cheaper than cocoa.
    Tempered of course by the embarrassment of the chance that people might, just might cop you buying the Daily Mail. In public.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

You can get these from the cigarette counter at tesco without even having to buy the paper!
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

They'll still have 'Free from The Daily Mail' printed all over them. Oh, the shame for someone to see that sitting in amongst your prized DVD collection.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."