Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Big Gig 2008

Excuse my ignorance but who are The Loosenotes?

what style are they?

The Loosenotes are now know as Bad Reputations - the ultimate rock blues band on the scene just now imho.

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    Having read my post back to myself... I should clarify what I've said.

By no means is it intended to poke fun at the people who organised the PA. Apologies if it's come across that way. I appreciate that a great deal of time and effort went into sorting out the PA for the Big Gig last year. Kudos to you.

The Doc and Killarifts played on the Saturday, perhaps their sound was a bit/lot better than when we played on the Friday night? By no means am I an expert in sound, but I can be pretty sure about what sounds good and what doesn't sound good(of course... opinions etc etc). I'm also highly confident that I'm not the only person who thought that the sound could've been better, but not everyone is outspoken, so we have to respect that. It's not an easy task and I'm sure everyone appreciates your effort. Again... good luck this year. Hope things run smoothly.
    Apologies accepted & thank you Jeid

It could be said that things can always always ALWAYS be better. In truth it was Stratman's 1st extended PA job that he carried out to the best of his abilities in conjunction with Camra. PA (front of house mixing) is an ever increasing learning curve that gets a whole lot harder when physical walls are removed from the equation. It's not easy. The "radio rentals look" is exactly that an appearance that has no real baring on the sound that can be produced from said rig. I'm sure in the year it will have been stratman has learned a lot as have I & anybody else who is truly interested in music/sound progression

I (we) reluctantly agreed as those that are in the know can varify every avenue was exhausted before QPQ were approached in a last attempt to get a sound system for the event. We agreed to do it through community spirit & a want to see TBG08 go ahead in as good a fashion as possible. I will be there to supply & operate a PA system to the best of my abilities along with 2 other worthy cohorts who know an XLR from a jack & a DI from an EQ.

People can suggest things about sound (in particular the onstage monitor sounds, to give the bands the best sound as possible is often far from easy) & it is my decision ultimately whether I employ these suggestions or not (re FOH) but at least I know what the crack is if people speak to me because what is the point in bringing it up afterwards??? it's to late by then & frankly by then we no longer care

I hope the event works out well & everything goes to plan

Amen to K dragon for his post. I couldn't agree more

& I (through gritted teeth) look forward to a succesfull event

Cjnr.

what is the crack re backline & drumkit??

also I would like to suggest that the steps on to the stage be a lot sturdier than the 2 previous years, They felt pretty shaky to me & I'm only wee

[quote=Chobbersjnr;391670] I will be there to supply & operate a PA system to the best of my abilities along with 2 other worthy cohorts who know an XLR from a jack & a DI from an EQ.

They are going to have very good sound this year then
    Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe.

Einstein

i believe custom made steps will be supplied.

[quote=veekay;391969]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chobbersjnr View Post
    I will be there to supply & operate a PA system to the best of my abilities along with 2 other worthy cohorts who know an XLR from a jack & a DI from an EQ.

They are going to have very good sound this year then
    why thank you very much indeed

Quote Originally Posted by K dragon View Post
    i believe custom made steps will be supplied.
    good to hear K. I started imagining what it would be like to fall through with a bass bin or something...nice one dude

How much is entry for this year's event?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    How much is entry for this year's event?
    40 000 pesos' a leg sir

a price was discussed although i cant remember, not really my dept. but im sure it will be posted up here soon enough with the posters etc etc etc.

man i have typed etc lots today.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314