HI.
Just wondered if anyone could help me on this one.
My Greatgrandmother was Isabella (Bella) Jessie Sutherland b. 1871 Latheron,Caithness. (daughter of David Sutherland and Janet(Jessie Bruce). Prior to her marriage to Charles Neate she gave birth to my Grandfather George Sutherland born Nov.11. 1899,. I am trying to find information about any family Isabella and Charles may have had after their marriage. Their marriage certificate shows they were married on Sept 25, 1908 at 6 Bank Row, Pultneytown, Wick, Caithness (home of her Mother). Charles is shown as 38 and a widower and Isabella is shown as 28 and a spinster. Witness to the marriage was Georgina Sutherland and Peter Fisher. What became of them after that date I have never been able to find out.
George Sutherland remarried after my Grandmother died giving birth to my Mother. My Mother was fostered out and George never took her back. George's only son from his second marriage went to South Africa and has refused any contact with me. So my search for information on the Sutherlands has been very difficult.
So I hope someone can shed some light on what became of my Great grandmother and her husband.
Thanks.
Sandy.