Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Poodle/beagle cross wanted

Question Poodle/beagle cross wanted

I am allergic to dogs but would dearly love one. Hubby wants a Beagle. I know that dogs crossed with poodles are hypo-allergenic so wonder if anyone knows of beagle/poodle crosses locally. I knows its a long shot but heres hoping.
    Spring has sprung, the grass is ris', I wonder where the birdies is, the birdies is on d' wing, now thats absurd, everyone knows d' wing is on d' bird

Quote Originally Posted by mccaugm View Post
    I am allergic to dogs but would dearly love one. Hubby wants a Beagle. I know that dogs crossed with poodles are hypo-allergenic so wonder if anyone knows of beagle/poodle crosses locally. I knows its a long shot but heres hoping.
    Not all poodle crosses are hypo-allergenic. I remember reading about Labradoodles somewhere and a breeder was saying that she often had trouble finding homes for the ones that weren't hypo-allergenic.
    *->Stress - This is the confusion created when the mind overides the body's desire to strangle some JERK who desperately needs it<-*

Nobody is Pefect. I am Nobody, therefore I am Perfect

doodes are def NOT hypoallergenic.. as i can tell you first hand!
    bubbles is a first generation labradoodle, and she casts all the time.
    a first gen cross tends to lean towards the lab side and be more lab in coat.. its only when you start the back crossing that you get the poodle coat. thats why australian doodles are advertised as non shedding as the have been bred the past 20 odd years to be non shedding. however most of the crosses in the uk are not up to the australian standards yet. so more than likley and first cross you would get would cast, and each indivual dog is diff. so you would need to be exposed to the particular pup you wanted to make sure that its not going to affect your allergies.
    labradoodle rescue has had to rehome so many already as people were assured by thr breeders they were hypoallergenic and wouldnt cast, and then once they had these lovley balls of fluff home found that they couldnt keep them after a few weeks as it payed havok with their allergies and asthma.. would def. suggest that if you can not handle a casting breed to get a non casting breed like a poodle
    http://itqueries.com/

Would that be a boodle? or perhaps a peagle?
    Ooh! No, I've got it...

It's a Beadle

I'd love to see one of these, sounds like the makings of an adorable dog...

I'm off to google for a pic
    Currently reading:- The tea leaves

Default Jeremy

Maybe if I managed to get one I should I should call it Jeremy in memory of Mr Beadle
    Spring has sprung, the grass is ris', I wonder where the birdies is, the birdies is on d' wing, now thats absurd, everyone knows d' wing is on d' bird

I would imagine it would be called a boodle..So beadle would be a good name for a boodle...Beadle the Boodle...

Quote Originally Posted by justine View Post
    I would imagine it would be called a boodle..So beadle would be a good name for a boodle...Beadle the Boodle...
    I think telling someone you have a breed of dog called a Boodle would be rather embarrassing. So why do I want one...? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by mccaugm View Post
    I think telling someone you have a breed of dog called a Boodle would be rather embarrassing. So why do I want one...? LOL
    having seen some of the crossbreed names that have been given lately i thin boodle is quite normal.Why do you want one, because you do and thats that.....Hope you get one...

Maybe we could come up with a breed name for our dog bingo, he is Staghound x German shepherd....Any suggestions...

How about a Stagger hound? Staggerman hound? Stagherd Shephound?

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire2803 View Post
    How about a Stagger hound? Staggerman hound? Stagherd Shephound?

Like them.But i think i should just stay with staghound cross...I could not imagine telling anyone that he is a staggerhound,although it is a cool name.Wonder if i could get away with it....

Well thanks to this thread there is now a new recognized breed (well, it's recognized in our house)...
    We have a border collie with just a sprinkling of springer spaniel, he is now....

A Border Sprollie

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire2803 View Post
    Well thanks to this thread there is now a new recognized breed (well, it's recognized in our house)...
    We have a border collie with just a sprinkling of springer spaniel, he is now....

A Border Sprollie

LOVE IT.WHO CAME UP WITH THAT ONE......

She who lacks sanity...

A.K.A

Me

[quote=Sapphire2803;334388]She who lacks sanity...

A.K.A

Me [/quote

THEN MAY I WELCOME YOU TO THE LAND OF THE INSANE......We are all welcome here.........I am not sure what sanity is....

I have a LAFFIE

He is quite laughable too.

Lab x Staffie....
    *->Stress - This is the confusion created when the mind overides the body's desire to strangle some JERK who desperately needs it<-*

Nobody is Pefect. I am Nobody, therefore I am Perfect