Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Setback for Charly

Quote Originally Posted by cuddlepop View Post
    healing light now going at full belt,glad I'm not getting the electic bill.

fingers,toes and hands and feet crossed.
    Electicity bill for healing light....hmmmm...why did no-one tell me someone has 2 pay for that I hope its not me! LOL

You'll have to keep us updated. Hope that Charly starts to feel better soon and that its nothing serious. Poor guy. I'll send some healing light (shhhh...keep it a secret I don't want the bill coming my way!)
    *->Stress - This is the confusion created when the mind overides the body's desire to strangle some JERK who desperately needs it<-*

Nobody is Pefect. I am Nobody, therefore I am Perfect

Well that's Charly back from the Vets and he is pretty sure it is a bad bout of gastroenteritis.< p> He has been prescribed Metronidazole and Canikur. Fun giving the latter as it has to be made into a paste! Good job he is such a good boy and will let me give him medication.
    Hopefully, this will make him a lot better soon. This and all the healing light and love being sent!
    The good news is that his heart is fine.
    Off to have a bath and must try to rest now.
    Thanks ever so much everyone for your ongoing love and support.
    Last edited by Liz; 20-Jan-08 at 21:33.

Pleased to hear that Charly got a diagnosis. At least *fingers crossed* the medication can help get him sorted out know. Poor guy. He'll back to his usual self in know time I'm sure
    *->Stress - This is the confusion created when the mind overides the body's desire to strangle some JERK who desperately needs it<-*

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Well that's Charly back from the Vets and he is pretty sure it is a bad bout of gastroenteritis.< p> He has been prescribed Metronidazole and Canikur. Fun giving the latter as it has to be made into a paste! Good job he is such a good boy and will let me give him medication.
    Hopefully, this will make him a lot better soon. This and all the healing light and love being sent!
    The good news is that his heart is fine.
    Off to have a bath and must try to rest now.
    Thanks ever so much everyone for your ongoing love and support.
    You are officially told to chill from all of us at the pet forum.
    Your officially off duty,no more worrying (we'll do it for you)
    Its a horrible tummy bug that will get better so you take care of "yourself "
    just now.Heart tablets working.
    Sermon over.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Well think the adrenaline rush of going to the Vets must have done wonders for Charly as he has been a lot better since he came back!
    When my dog Benjy got up from resting just now he was limping and there was blood on his right back paw. On examination it turns out the claw is missing!! Eek! (smilies not working!) I take it there isn't much I can do apart from keep it clean. Oh flipping heck.
    Ain't life grand! Might just take him to the Vets anyway to be on the safe side.
    Will need to pass my hat around amongst you all at this rate!
    Last edited by Liz; 21-Jan-08 at 00:15.

Pets may reduce stress, but they also reduce the bank balance as well
    Sending you all big hugs {{ }}
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

not much you can do for a missing claw, he will keep it clean himself, it bleeds a lot and looks awful but normally heals fine.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Well think the adrenaline rush of going to the Vets must have done wonders for Charly as he has been a lot better since he came back!
    When my dog Benjy got up from resting just now he was limping and there was blood on his right back paw. On examination it turns out the claw is missing!! Eek! (smilies not working!) I take it there isn't much I can do apart from keep it clean. Oh flipping heck.
    Ain't life grand! Might just take him to the Vets anyway to be on the safe side.
    Will need to pass my hat around amongst you all at this rate!
    Don't worry too much about the missing claw Bengy has Liz, Our Gizmo caught her claw on something and the amount of blood i found was frightening. We were out at the time, but when we got home we found the blood on the kitchen worktop, on insection of Gizmo the blood had dried up and her paw was missing a claw. This was last summer and the claw has grown back and she is fine, it was tender for a couple of days though. Everything will be okay for Benjy as well. So glad to hear the news on Charly too, he is going to be okay Liz, just think possitive thoughts. Big kisses to them both and a cuddle as well. Chin up girl.

Thanks both.
    Well glad to say that Charly is a good bit better today and, hopefully, is on the road to recovery. Again!
    Benjy isn't putting any weight on the paw where he lost the nail(claw?)and licks it a lot. So have booked him into the Vets just to be on the safe side. Still haven't a clue what happened!
    Last edited by Liz; 21-Jan-08 at 13:43.

oh lizz am sorry to hear this. I hope they are both making a full recovery and wuill have you pulling your hair out soon...give hugs from me...

Thanks Justine!
    I have to go on a course of steroids myself as my asthmas is so bad.
    I am a bit concerened as the missing nail is on Benjy's leg which he injured when he was a puppy. Hoping it is a coincidence though as he wasn't limping until I noticed the claw/nail was missing.
    So far 2008 has been rubbish!!!
    How is Parsley doing Justine?

Thanks Justine!
    I have to go on a course of steroids myself as my asthmas is so bad.
    I am a bit concerened as the missing nail is on Benjy's leg which he injured when he was a puppy. Hoping it is a coincidence though as he wasn't limping until I noticed the claw/nail was missing.
    So far 2008 has been rubbish!!!
    How is Parsley doing Justine?
    he stil falls over every now and then.We have been watching him intently(or i have) and i think he must have damaged his foot whilst out in the summer...I know he had a fight with his dad, and then spent two days hiding away in his hutch..I had checked him but could not find any injuries on him then...He seemed fine until about1 mth back.But it is his back left leg.It seems as though he may have damaged it and loses his balance on that side..The vet seems happy with him and thinks e couls live a happy life.He is a full time house rabbit now, in his cage in the fromt room.he is only allowed out now in the evenings so the little ones dont get him...I would love for him to go out with the others in the summer but he cant, so i will have to keep spoiling him....

I agree this year has been pretty rubbish so far.....

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix200416 View Post
    Electicity bill for healing light....hmmmm...why did no-one tell me someone has 2 pay for that I hope its not me! LOL

You'll have to keep us updated. Hope that Charly starts to feel better soon and that its nothing serious. Poor guy. I'll send some healing light (shhhh...keep it a secret I don't want the bill coming my way!)
    Healing light is generated by Caithness (&Skye !!) wind so is totally free and to be made full use of by all in pets corner whenever needed

ps it will never run out either
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

Quote Originally Posted by justine View Post
    he stil falls over every now and then.We have been watching him intently(or i have) and i think he must have damaged his foot whilst out in the summer...I know he had a fight with his dad, and then spent two days hiding away in his hutch..I had checked him but could not find any injuries on him then...He seemed fine until about1 mth back.But it is his back left leg.It seems as though he may have damaged it and loses his balance on that side..The vet seems happy with him and thinks e couls live a happy life.He is a full time house rabbit now, in his cage in the fromt room.he is only allowed out now in the evenings so the little ones dont get him...I would love for him to go out with the others in the summer but he cant, so i will have to keep spoiling him....

I agree this year has been pretty rubbish so far.....
    Well I am glad that Parsley is doing okay and she is so lucky to have a loving owner and not be left in a small hutch at the bottom of the garden and largely ignored like some poor bunnies!
    Have you tried any natural remedies such as Arnica? This can really help with injuries and if you contact Ainsworths (www.ainsworths.com) they may be prescribe a specific remedy? The good thing with homeopathic remedies is they can never do any harm.
    Let's hope 2008 gets a bit better!!
    Last edited by Liz; 21-Jan-08 at 17:57.

Sorry Justine I put the wrong website address for Ainsworths and changed it but still went to wrong website from link.
    The website address is www.ainsworths.com. It's worth a try as, even if the injury is old, homeopathy may still help.

Default Benjy's back from Vets!

Well that's my wounded soldier back from the Vets!
    The Vet thinks he must have snagged the nail on something and it has come clean away. She gave him an antibiotic injection and bandaged his foot.
    We take the bandage off on Friday and he is not allowed walks until then.
    Thanks for all your encouragement and support.

Quote Originally Posted by carasmam View Post
    Healing light is generated by Caithness (&Skye !!) wind so is totally free and to be made full use of by all in pets corner whenever needed

ps it will never run out either

Well thats a relieve! LOL I'd hate to have to pay that bill, but now I will feel free to use the healing light without worrying

hi liz, im glad the dogs are feeling better - my 12yr old dog had a funny tummy just before xmas and was out of sorts for a couple of days

Quote Originally Posted by hell raizer View Post
    hi liz, im glad the dogs are feeling better - my 12yr old dog had a funny tummy just before xmas and was out of sorts for a couple of days
    Thanks! I always make sure I have a supply of Canikur as my dog Benjy is prone to bottom burps!
    I have found the cheapest place to get this is www.vetuk.co.uk
    Stupidly, I never realised you could give this to cats! I have bought a small supply of the granules as well just in case.

Aw, Liz, I'm so sorry you've been feeling poorly and your pets too! Sounds like the worst is over so rest and take care of yourself.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast