Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Do We Hoard So Much Junk ?

Smile

My theory is the "stuff" expands to fill the available space and if I get rid of it I'll just have to buy more!!!!
    robynaus
    Looking for Bain, Mowat(t), from Keiss-by-Wick

karia Guest

We 'rate' ourselves by what we 'own' these days..sadly!

I am so not a hoarder -- I cannot stand clutter anywhere.

karia Guest

When my 'now husband ' moved in in 1994 he brought his house...

.it's still in the back bedroom!

iv choost got a little wee hoosey, luvly as is it, well cosy lek...but am just too BEEG for it.....

there just simply isna enuf room for all ma stuff...and me!

iv got books crawlin up ma walls cos im no room for anither bookcase...

mmmh catnip, think i may weel be overdue a clear oot...anyone want aboot 200 books?????
    Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
    Blessed Be...

karia Guest

Books are 'mini experiences' and should be passed on and enjoyed by as many people as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by karia View Post
    Books are 'mini experiences' and should be passed on and enjoyed by as many people as possible.
    hi Ak,

i agree, an at's how iv got so many...! they are takin oer e' hoose

i refuse til ditch them an cana (wilna) pass them on til iv read them....but am getin them faster than i can read them....

rest assured tho, when ive read them am sure catnip an floyed will only too happy til take them off ma hands (walls)- no forgettin miranda...

wonder what they will think o e' time traveller....s'wierd eh? - (kiss)
    Last edited by trix; 17-Jan-08 at 02:25.
    Blessed Be...

our Junk mostly belongs to offspring School stuff year books etc then a collection of books she needed in her college course which she was told to sell on to the next intake once she had finished with them to simple !!! to ever be done
    ah yes also a collection of teddy bears dolls prams and a rocking horse old school photographs the list is endless I am always asking when she is going to look through them take away what she wants and put the rest to charity I will do next time Im home is the answer that was 8 years ago !!!
    Its nice to be nice

Quote Originally Posted by bobandag16 View Post
    i have just moved after 47 years in a 3 bedroom house. to a single bedroom. every thing i had would come in handy one day. today i cannot find my scissors curved for nose hair. so sad .
    eeuuuwwww

Quote Originally Posted by trix View Post
    hi Ak,

i refuse til ditch them an cana (wilna) pass them on til iv read them....but am getin them faster than i can read them....

rest assured tho, when ive read them am sure catnip an floyed will only too happy til take them off ma hands (walls)- no forgettin miranda...

Certainly will have'nt had a good read in a long time, i had a good clear out o ma books last year and passed them to trix.

Quote Originally Posted by trix View Post
    hi Ak,

cheers trix will return the ones i hev so ye hev less space til hoover and gi ye a few o mine til prop ye up lol(ye no what a mean)lol
    You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life. -ALBERT CAMUS

Quote Originally Posted by miranda View Post
    cheers trix will return the ones i hev so ye hev less space til hoover and gi ye a few o mine til prop ye up lol(ye no what a mean)lol
    cheers miranda, and choost so ye ken, there wis only one person in e' beid when it broke....an at' wis ME...!

i forgot til say guys, no only is e books 'crawlin up ma wall' they is also howldin up ma beid
    Blessed Be...

We moved from a 3 bed with formal dining, lounge and family room, to a 1 bed, 4 rooms in total.

7 years later I am still trying to be ruthless and get rid of the clutter.

I'm nearly there, and we hope to move this year to a bigger house!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhh!!!!!
    She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by karia View Post
    High Karia
    Books don't count you have to have them. full of interesting things or stories just share them around as you finish them Oh yes and keep the craft non fiction think i"ve got nearly as many as the library now.
    regards robyn
    Looking for Bain, Mowat(t), from Keiss-by-Wick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12