Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Spray Tanning

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Little England
    Posts
    61

    Smile Spray Tanning

    Has anyone out there had a spray tan before?

    I am a religious follower of self applied fake tan however one of my friends recently convinced me to have a Spray tan, after she tried TanZ mobile spray tanning service. Her tan looked really healthy and natural and had it applied in her own home. I was a bit dubious but she told me that the girl who does it has a portable cubicle and extractor fan therefore does not get onto your carpet/furniture,etc. Has anyone else used TanZ and if so what were the results like?

    I've also shopped around and found that some of the beauty salons in the town (Wick & Thurso) do St. Tropez tanning however they recommend you have 2 applications to get the best results. Has anyone else had this type of tan and if so, what did it turn out like? I also think that to have 2 applications is a bit of an inconvience and quite costly however if it works then I'd consider it.

    Your suggestions please.
    Captain Smee

  2. #2

    Default

    I get Katrina in Tan 2 Glo in Wick to do my spray tan. She uses fake bake. I think its great! There are different shades aswell so you don't have to be really dark. Ive never done my own tan since I started getting the fake bake sprays.

    Would definitely recommend her.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,873

    Default

    if u have never had it done before go for a very light tan colour for ure first time.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The mad hoose
    Posts
    207

    Thumbs up

    Tanz is a very good service, tan came out really nice, it was my first time getting one done & it was great that Joan came to my house to do it as i wouldnt go to a tanning shop to get it done & she is very reasonably priced
    well worth getting her to do your tan especially as it's getting done in the comfort of your own home.
    She is also magic at doin make up as iv had mine done on quiete a few occasions last year when i was going to weddings & she is going to be doing my make up & my spray tan for my wedding in oct.

  5. #5

    Wink Tan2Glo

    I got a spray tan done before xmas at Tan 2 Glo Bank Row in Wick, I was really delighted with it!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The mad hoose
    Posts
    207

    Default

    But would it not be better getting it done in the privacy of your own home as it is only the person that is doin your tan that is seeing you, & not every tom dick & harry coming in & out of the shop that is seeing you.
    I ken id rather get it done in my home, as iv found sometimes people look there noses down at you in some of the places & speak about you to their staff as soon as your out the door.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nicnic74 View Post
    But would it not be better getting it done in the privacy of your own home as it is only the person that is doin your tan that is seeing you, & not every tom dick & harry coming in & out of the shop that is seeing you.
    I ken id rather get it done in my home, as iv found sometimes people look there noses down at you in some of the places & speak about you to their staff as soon as your out the door.
    No one else is seeing you! Apart from going in and then coming out. She has a private area where she has the booth and does the sprays, the door even has a lock.

  8. #8

    Default

    Not eveyone talks about people when they leave a shop I,m sure they have better things to do and really appreciate the the fact you have chosen their business

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The mad hoose
    Posts
    207

    Thumbs up

    Well am sorry if you dont agree, this is a site for everybody to brace their feelings on certain topics,& that is mine, when u get ur tan done in your own home, i think it's magic as soon as its done you can jump intoo ur chammies ( U CANNOT DO THAT IF U GO TO A SALON) so all i can say to tanz thumbs up coz thur absaloulty brilliant

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Wick
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lesleymclean82 View Post
    I got a spray tan done before xmas at Tan 2 Glo Bank Row in Wick, I was really delighted with it!




    I won a voucher for that place. Does it dye your clothes and does it stink like other fake tanning stuff?
    Purrrfect !!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Little England
    Posts
    61

    Smile

    Decided to bite the bullet and book a spray tan with Jo from TanZ. It turned out brilliant!! I am well delighted with the colour. And there was no mess left afterwards as I was worried about. She has a pop up cubicle with an extractor fan which contains and extracts, any excess spray and the whole thing was done in 10 minutes! Plus there are different tones of solution which she matches to suit your own skin.

    Jo is a lovely girl too and I would definately recommend her service. I'm so impressed that I've already booked my tan for a wedding in June.

    Thumbs up for TanZ!!
    Captain Smee

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Wick
    Posts
    182

    Default Tanning

    How much is it per tan and how exactly does it work?
    Castle View Stables
    Ashleigh Campbell BHSAI
    Oldwick Mains

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    caithness
    Posts
    263

    Default

    i agree with hibeechick,i go there to get my fake bake tan and it is brilliant,i even got it the day before my wedding and wasnt worried 1 bit if incase it didnt work out rite because i knew it would because katrina is really good at it

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Little England
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Jo from TanZ charges 15 for a half body and 20 for a full body tan, although I've booked a tanning party as I get will get it free for inviting 5 guests.

    She gave me a pre tan consulation with advice on how to prepare for my tan and on the night, set up her equipment and spray tan tent in my bedroom. The application took 10 - 15 mins and then she packed up and gave me after advice.

    The next day I had a shower and I was delighted with the colour.

    Hope this helps
    Captain Smee

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Wick
    Posts
    182

    Default

    Yeah thanks
    Castle View Stables
    Ashleigh Campbell BHSAI
    Oldwick Mains

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Wick
    Posts
    275

    Default

    Jo's number is 07881650093.
    Live the Life

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thurso
    Posts
    990

    Default

    Hehe! I'm glad you found someone who gives a good service!

  18. #18
    scottishbird1890 Guest

    Smile tan 2 glo

    This is Katrina from Tan2Glo. I thought I would post a comment to clear up any misconceptions about spray tanning. Tan 2 Glo offers FAKE BAKE spray tans. It comes in 2 different colours regular and darker to suit the individual. You can get half and full body tans, tailored to suit your needs. FAKE BAKE only requires one spray to achieve the desired effect. Spraying is carried out in the privacy of ventilated spray booth in a private room with a locked door. I would also like to stress that I would never dream of speaking about any of my clients to anyone else. Its completely confidential its just a shame that a few individuals who are obviously unprofessional get everyone stereotyped. Also where Tan2Glo is situated there are no houses or main roads for anyone to see you coming in or out. Its also really important that clinets get a consultation to provide information on skin preparation to ensure the best out of their treatment. Evry tanning solution whether it be st tropez or fake bake looks different on everyone and its up to individual choice which you prefer. IF you fancy trying out FAKE BAKE then you can telephone 01955603386 after 4pm and arrange to come in for a consulation or pop in to 43 Bank Row, Wick.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    banniskirk
    Posts
    890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smee View Post
    Has anyone out there had a spray tan before?

    I am a religious follower of self applied fake tan however one of my friends recently convinced me to have a Spray tan, after she tried TanZ mobile spray tanning service. Her tan looked really healthy and natural and had it applied in her own home. I was a bit dubious but she told me that the girl who does it has a portable cubicle and extractor fan therefore does not get onto your carpet/furniture,etc. Has anyone else used TanZ and if so what were the results like?

    I've also shopped around and found that some of the beauty salons in the town (Wick & Thurso) do St. Tropez tanning however they recommend you have 2 applications to get the best results. Has anyone else had this type of tan and if so, what did it turn out like? I also think that to have 2 applications is a bit of an inconvience and quite costly however if it works then I'd consider it.

    Your suggestions please.
    HI,
    My daughter had a spray tan done by Jo from TanZ tonight, Jo is brilliant,very pleasant and we are delighted with my daughters tan.It still needs to develop but the whole experiance was amazing and will be going again soon.Highly recomend

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    1,500

    Default

    For how long does the spray tan last?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •