Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Austrian 'hid daughter in cellar'

Angry Austrian 'hid daughter in cellar'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7369851.stm

This story horrified me. The man kept his daughter prisoner and abused her producing 7 children, one of a set of twins died and was cremated by the father. I am feeling totally sickened how someone can get away with this for so long. 24 years this woman endured this.
    Spring has sprung, the grass is ris', I wonder where the birdies is, the birdies is on d' wing, now thats absurd, everyone knows d' wing is on d' bird

OMG. I wonder how many others there are still out there!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

this poor womans life is now ruined thanks to this man that was supposed to care for her, not abuse her the way he did, i wonder what will happen to the kids.

Personally I'd lock him up in a dark damp cellar for the rest of his days, fed only stale bread and water! At least the woman and her children are now free and hopefully will find some peace one day.
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Wot sickend me was the mother of the woman knew about what was going on and was looking after some of the children

If he is guilty, I hope he roasts in hell. Allegedly, he had been abusing his daughter since she was 11 years old, even before he locked her in the cellar, so that was 31 years of being molested by that demented monster. It said in the article that the mother allegedly did not know -- how could she not? If the accusations are fact, the stinky old creep had to be scurrying around delivering babies and taking food and hopefully clothing to his captives -- how could his wife not notice that? I cannot even think what a fitting punishment would be for something this horrendous. As Porshiepoo says, it makes one wonder how many are enduring this alleged fate that we may never hear about.
    Last edited by Margaret M.; 28-Apr-08 at 02:35. Reason: Fixing mah rush to judgement.

Wouldn't it be reasonable to wait until he is proved guilty before getting the Fiery Torches and the pitchforks out?

Quote Originally Posted by TBH View Post
    Wouldn't it be reasonable to wait until he is proved guilty before getting the Fiery Torches and the pitchforks out?
    GRRR!!!

How very dare you to introduce reason and common sense into this worthwhile and fully justified witch-hunt.

"It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    GRRR!!!

How very dare you to introduce reason and common sense into this worthwhile and fully justified witch-hunt.

You and TBH are both so right! I've been in meetings all weekend -- long borrrring meetings and my mind is mush. The possibility that he is being wrongly accused crossed my mind but the red I saw took over. My bad.

GRRR!!!

My apologies, Metalattakk. Having thought things through, I now realise that he should be burnt at the stake for his alleged crimes.

My apologies, Metalattakk. Having thought things through, I now realise that he should be burnt at the stake for his alleged crimes.
    Its just been announced on tv news that the father HAS admitted to the abuse and fathering her seven children.

Quote Originally Posted by Venture View Post
    Its just been announced on tv news that the father HAS admitted to the abuse and fathering her seven children.
    The point is, people should leave all talk of what they would like to do in terms of violent retribution until the full facts of a case are known. Remember the paediatrician some brain-dead numbskulls confused with paedophile?

The point is, people should leave all talk of what they would like to do in terms of violent retribution until the full facts of a case are known. Remember the paediatrician some brain-dead numbskulls confused with paedophile?
    Totally agree with you. I just posted the information to update the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Venture View Post
    Totally agree with you. I just posted the information to update the thread.
    I know, I was just feeling a bit rabble-roused by the mob mentality.
    Last edited by TBH; 28-Apr-08 at 12:23.

I hope he roasts in hell.

If it was a local man I would see the sense in not assuming guilt; but this is half way across Europe. I don't expect a posse of orgers to turn up at the jail with a noose.

You could logically assume the expressions of disgust and suggestions of retribution here as predicated on his being guilty.

Innocent until proven guilty, and 'facts of the case' don't really apply when we are talking about something being reported across all news networks as fact, unless our assumptions would have a bearing on the case.

We are after all commenting on the notion of the crime as reported.

It may possibly take months for the truth to unfold; why should we wait until then to express our contempt for this monster?

I get equally irked when people throw in to complain that someone is 'speculating' about a new shop or development, and should reveal their sources.

Look up speculation. Hardly works when you have the facts.

Last edited by Boozeburglar; 29-Apr-08 at 18:24.

well DNA has established he is the father of the children so that looks like guilt to me.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

I was shocked at the stories of this case.As a guy with ma lady bringing up bairns we have wer wee problems to solve.But this story,man.
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

Quote Originally Posted by Boozeburglar View Post
    It may possibly take months for the truth to unfold; why should we wait until then to express our contempt for this monster?
    Why should we express our contempt at all? Surely the revulsion is universal?
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Why should we express our contempt at all? Surely the revulsion is universal?
    The revulsion is universal.But the question that comes out is what everyone shouts"What were ye thinkin' aboot?"
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast