Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "blonde moments"

Talking blonde

my best one..

stayin at my other halfs one night, and woke up about 4 in the morning. Was really hot. Covers went off, nope still hot. Woke up my OH asked him to open the window, did that, nope. Asked him to make sure the heatin was off, yip it was off. When he came back to bed and came over to my side, he said " have u the electric blanket on?" Answer,,,, YES

hahaha he still teases me for it.

I am sure you can make TBH putty in your hands...hes a nce mannie really hun x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

I have too many blonde moments to name them all lol But I did make sweet pancakes one night and instead of putting sugar and lemon juice on then i picked up the salt container lol they are part of a set of containers on my shelf and are the same colour just one is smaller then the other one lol

karia Guest

Driving past some lovely fields yesterday and there were sheep and lambs frolicking about....very pastoral.

Says me to him " look, white lambs...ooh and there's a brown one..do you get brown lambs?

Him to me (poker faced) " Nah,they are all white, that one's just been in a muddy puddle"

It took me quite a long blonde moment to suss that the mickey was being well and truly taken.

Blonde...and a townie!
    Last edited by karia; 03-May-08 at 18:51. Reason: us blondes can't spell!

Quote Originally Posted by karia View Post
    Driving past some lovely fields yesterday and there were sheep and lambs frolicking about....very pastoral.

Says me to him " look, white lambs...ooh and there's a brown one..do you get brown lambs?

Him to me (poker faced) " Nah,they are all white, that one's just been in a muddy puddle"

It took me quite a long blonde moment to suss that the mickey was being well and truly taken.

Blonde...and a townie!
    Awwwwwww karia thats not nice of him up near golspie they have lambs that are either red, blue,yellow or green

I don't understand why anyone would get upset at groundless suppositions concerning hair colour and intelligence. We blondes know we're smart.

Moi x

I dont know if its a blonde thing or not but after having Lauren I now seem to exist in a different time zone to my single/childless pals ....just phoned one for a chat to be told its Sunday morning...oops...we have been up since 6:30 and thought it was later than it is ..
    I havant been invited out to a night out in ages...
    Im usually to knackered to go anyway but being invited would be nice...
    Im getting into gardening (in a small way but its something that always baffled me before)

LOL Me too dadie - i have blonde moments all the time - milk in the steam iron, first aid kit in the freezer!!!!

My kids call it maternal dementia when i ask them to take the washing out of the dryer and put it in the freezer, or to unpack the shopping and put it in the washing machine. My words are all confused in my head sometimes. Its a source of great hilarity in our house I have to say.

I watered the flowers faster because it had started raining and wanted them done before going inside..to get out the rain...explain that one!

Putting salt in my coffee yesterday on the way home from south.
    The Big Man

Quote Originally Posted by mccaugm View Post
    Similar thread...adding salt instead of sugar...yeuch!
    Many years ago I worked in Burnett's Bakery in Inverness for a couple of college summers. I worked on the machine that sliced and wrapped the old fashioned plain loaf (How old fashioned? The machine was older than me).
    Across from us was the donut machine. One morning a bloke loaded it up with a big batch of batter and set it going. He then went and fetched a bread board with a big pile of sugar and placed it so the donuts would fall in the sugar as they came off the machine. Just as the first pair were about to drop off, a call came for him over the PA to go to the front office. I bolted over and grabbed the two hot donuts, rolled them in the sugar, and bolted back behind the machine. Handing one to my mate, I bit into it. Total mental blankness - for a split second my brain actually told me it tasted of nothing - then it gave in and the horrible sensation of a salted donut hit me! Being helpful blokes, we waited till the operator came back and watched him try one. Fortunately only about 8 or 10 got wasted. Up in the flour loft, some nitwit had emptied a whole pallet's worth of bags of salt into the caster sugar hopper. Good thing the donut guy had taken some, as otherwise a lot of baked stuff could have turned out a disaster. I heard that they had once had to scrap a whole shift's worth of cream-filled stuff for the same reason.

Better own up to my own one while I'm at it. One Valentine's Day I had the evening planned. Pate, French bread and a side salad to start, followed by a paprika chicken thing with noodles. Well we ate the first course and then I dished up the main to SWMBO. As I was putting my own portion on the plate she tried it, and discovered it was a bit hot - so hot in fact we couldn't eat it. Stupid spice company, putting paprika and cayenne pepper in identical containers, and expecting people to read the label!

karia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by George Brims View Post
    Better own up to my own one while I'm at it. One Valentine's Day I had the evening planned. Pate, French bread and a side salad to start, followed by a paprika chicken thing with noodles. Well we ate the first course and then I dished up the main to SWMBO. As I was putting my own portion on the plate she tried it, and discovered it was a bit hot - so hot in fact we couldn't eat it. Stupid spice company, putting paprika and cayenne pepper in identical containers, and expecting people to read the label!
    You lightweight George!

Now if it had been chilli powder.....maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by karia View Post
    You lightweight George!

Now if it had been chilli powder.....maybe.
    What? Red cayenne pepper is the hot component in Chili powder. So what I used didn't have the other milder components.

Red face

I parked my car in the coop car park a few weeks ago and went in to do my shopping.
    Behind me came a man who kindly told me that he'd noticed that one of my brake lights wasn't working. 'Its the one on the drivers side' he said.
    Without thinking I answered 'Front or back?'
    OOPS!!!!
    evelyn

electric went out and wen i went to put it bk on i tried to turn the hall light on to c wat in was doin and got annoyed coz it wouldnt work hahahahahaha one of my finest blonde moments
    I wouldn't be caught dead with a necrophiliac.

whilst speaking to an irish guy, i went on to ask him if he was welsh or swedish! oh the shame

Quote Originally Posted by leggyweggy View Post

Eventually my fingers had to get sliced from my toes and i binned the false nails, but hey im a sucker for punishment ive just bought false toenails today but im not that blonde im going to get my friend to put them on for me!!
    An image just jumped to my mind: you trying to explain to the A&E personell why your friend was glued to your toes!
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing

haha that would b funny
    I wouldn't be caught dead with a necrophiliac.

My friend was once intrigued why peppers fitted so well into the boxes in the grocers (??) Her boyfriend at the time told her they had been redesigned to fit into them. She believed him..!!!

My standard one used to be putting my glasses on the top of my head (think trendy sunglasses) and then spending ages looking for them.
    Spring has sprung, the grass is ris', I wonder where the birdies is, the birdies is on d' wing, now thats absurd, everyone knows d' wing is on d' bird

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast