Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Most anticipated album of 2008?

Hell yeah... both of which can put out catchy songs

[quote=Jeid;321622] Oh you know me... Harsh.

Trivium are indeed recycled Metallica... one of the singles on the latest album even stole Hetfield's "woah yeah's". At least you agreed that the Arctic Monkey's were pish.

I think Metal is an art... but everyone has opinions.

Lol lol lol Metal is an art : you an artist now Jeid ? do you do any painting as I needs some doors done

Hell yeah... I'm lethal at the old painting biy. I might hurt my back on those low down doors that you use though

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    Hell yeah... I'm lethal at the old painting biy. I might hurt my back on those low down doors that you use though
    Small doors need less painting, so suits you, you lazy sod..Art !!! lol lol lol lol

Wait til you see my next piece of art

Wait til you see my next piece of art
    Heres some art for ya !! Stick to doors check !

Headbangers meet the headshrinker in Metallica: Some Kind Of Monster, a faultlessly brilliant and savagely funny music documentary in which heavy metal takes five on the psychiatrist's couch. Filmed during the torturous making of Metallica's 2003 St. Anger album - their first compilation of original songs in over five years - this searing documentary takes us into the middle-aged rockers' turbulent world as they hire a $40,000 a month therapist ("Dr Phil") to guide them through tailor-made group therapy.
    "This is not a film about Metallica - it's a film about relationships," explains 40-year-old drummer Lars Ulrich. Originally planned as a behind-the-scenes promo to accompany the band's new album, Some Kind Of Monster quickly spiralled into some kind of nightmare, as the band teetered on the verge of acrimony and collapse in the recording studio. Bickering, backstabbing, and all-out slanging matches were the result as the three surviving band members - James Hetfield (vocals, guitar), Ulrich, and Kirk Hammett (guitar) - prove that monsters of rock often have monstrous egos to match.
    Hetfield bails a few weeks into recording to go into rehab, then returns under the proviso that he only works a four day week so he can attend his daughter's ballet recitals. Meanwhile, the band's "performance enhancement coach" - the weasely Dr Phil Towle - is obsessed with getting these speed metal heads to talk about their feelings, their emotions and their art. In the process, they start spouting stock psychobabble speak - "Staying clear and here in the now" - before eventually wondering if the suddenly leather-clad Dr Phil is taking over.
    Veering between This Is Spinal Tap-style laughs as these earnest, irony-free rockers completely miss the joke and some genuinely rollicking concert footage, this is a captivating, up-close-and-personal look at the perils of the music industry.
    Lol lol lol lol ......

Smile Withoot A Doot

GLASVEGAS NEW ONe

asap and put scotland on the indie map

Last edited by roblovesplastic; 11-Jan-08 at 23:06. Reason: forgot: i love them after 1 song, daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by day old blues View Post
    i'm looking forward to the vampire weekend album.
    Please don't. I saw them supporting the Shins about two months ago. They were pretty poor. Another over-hyped band I suspect. Fair play though, I've heard it's pretty disappointing but they are all still in college!

For me it has to be Los Campesinos! "Hold On Now,Youngster...".

I'm going to see them at Tut's on Valentines day

Quote Originally Posted by roblovesplastic View Post
    GLASVEGAS NEW ONe

asap and put scotland on the indie map

Scotland are already on the 'indie map'. It saddens me that a band like Glasvegas are getting so much exposure when there are countless other Glasgow bands, and others throughout the country that don't get anything near the attention they deserve. To cite some examples: Frightened Rabbit, The Twilight Sad (have you heard their album? it's the best scottish album of the last year without a doubt). Then there are some more established ones like My Latest Novel, Camera Obscura, Aberfeldy and King Creosote who deserve more press than is afforded them.

And in fact, I don't even think they're a band band, some decent songs but they needs an album full of them to justify the hype. I hope they do well. Other bands are more deserving of the press though.

</rant>

This is all the NME's fault. Seriously, who actually buys that rag? It's a terrible interpretation of modern music, and what is indie anyway? The indie genre debate can be as heated as the emo one, just ask Jeid!
    Last edited by Blast!; 12-Jan-08 at 06:32.

Default Sticking too the point

quote from Blast:

And in fact, I don't even think they're a band band, some decent songs but they needs an album full of them to justify the hype. I hope they do well. Other bands are more deserving of the press though.

Erm I could have sworn the thread was:

Most anticipated album of 2008

New Alkaline Trio album without a dout, also their remastered version of Goddamnit.

Three band bring out new albums this year I'm looking forward to,
    Coldplay, The Killers and Muse

The Saw Doctors....hopefully Sept 2008!cant wait! x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    The Saw Doctors....hopefully Sept 2008!cant wait! x
    Pretty sure they're coming back here this year.

Pretty sure they're coming back here this year.
    Whoo hoo! thanks Jeid...I cant wait! They were great last time...best night ever! x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Has to be Protest The Hero - 'Fortress' for me
    www.pearlofage.com - Timelapse & Cinematography

I went to buy singer/songwriter Laura Marlings debut album 'Alas I cannot swim' today but its not out yet! Dont u hate when that happens?!

Its pretty cool what she's doin'...She's releasing something called a 'Songbox' which has the album 'AICS', a few items relating to songs on the album and then a ticket to the gig of your choice on her 'Songbox' tour that you register online.

Lightspeed Champion - Falling Off The Lavender Bridge

Young Knives - Superabundance

Plus that Foals album. Oh and a word of support for the kiddie who's waiting on Vampire Weekend's album: A-Punk is a quality pop song. So I'm waiting for that as well, even if some enlightened individuals have seen them live and are advising us not to......

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRob View Post
    Lightspeed Champion - Falling Off The Lavender Bridge

Plus that Foals album. Oh and a word of support for the kiddie who's waiting on Vampire Weekend's album: A-Punk is a quality pop song. So I'm waiting for that as well, even if some enlightened individuals have seen them live and are advising us not to......
    Sounds like the kinda stuff that midget throwers could whistle to !

Default 2008 noo moosic

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRob View Post

Yeah Foals are brilliant, I was hooked as soon as I heard one of the versions of mathletics, then the EP, apparently they ain't using Maths, weird but admirable.

Some already established bands I am well looking forward to are:

Athlete
    If they make one in 2008, hopefully they will as they came back in style with the 3rd album after the kind of sucky 2nd, 1st ones an all time classic though.

The hated Arctic Monkeys (lol), well hated on this forum. Tough, they are here to stay. Does no one appreciate the lyrics/music and the fact that they play brilliant live and pulled off one of the best 2nd albums in very little time? Hmm maybe that's why they get them award thingys.

The new Gossip one has got to be good, and well overdue....oops this is a wish list.

OK, 2008 albums that will make me give apple more money.

British Sea Party – got it already, its brilliant after 2 or 3 plays

Wombats – I know they are kinda silly, but a toon is a toon and if they stop singing about boys and girls for a bit might be worth a listen.

CSS – fell in love with the 1st one cos it is FUN and music needs to make you smile. I think the new ones more dancy, exxxcellent.

Glasvegas, um how do I get the home tapes? Anyone? Whimper

thatz aww fur noo (gies a joab singin in glessvegus?)

oh and anything by The Cribs

Glasvegas 'Home Tapes' is pretty readily available on the net.

I can't understand people who don't know where to look these days...

Also, it's British Sea Power for god's sake!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast