Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Most anticipated album of 2008?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    Rob loves pipes and drums... in fact, it's his favouritest ever!

Nah, Rob's a bit of a rocker. He was a punk in his day (before punk was cool that is...)

I think I know one album he's looking forward to this year
    Greenday?

Oops... I just understood what you meant. Nah, not that biy...
    Last edited by Jeid; 07-Jan-08 at 22:54.

Oops... I just understood what you meant. Nah, not that biy...
    I didnt see what you had before you edited anyway biy

No bother biy!

Thurso - and the Fantasy City of Darkhaven...

Cool

Its got to be ACDC...it is LONG overdue! The PLUG ME IN BOX SET IS BRILLIANT!

And I am looking forwrd to hearing more from local lads Astronot!

Not sure if I would bother with Metallica....St Anger was pants, but heard on another forum that EXODUS have released something!! Remember them on the jukebox in the Moonshine Rockbar in Scapa House(RIP)...aaaahhh the good old days...

If some of you young uns look up a CD - Exodus - Fabulous Disaster!!!

If it is ACDC Soundalikes you are into - Check out Rhino Bucket and Rose Tattoo...Like metalattakk says - Like ACDC but not quite as good...but at least you wont have to endure the mindnumbing Angus solos!!! Deedeeleeeleeldee...
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by the_big_mac View Post
    Aye, im sure rob's just waiting for the new "best pipes and drums album in the world ever" or something!

You still havent told us of anything your looking forward too.

And, Airbourne are a new band, with a debut album. Opeth aint exactly mainstream, actually, I bet you aint even heard of them?

So what is your point exactly rob? There are 5 of us posting on this thread that like Metal and Hardrock, im sure it may progress ahould more people actually contribute???
    Cheers, never heard of these bands, stopped the Kerrang when I was 12 But thanks for the information, and due to the power of the internet found these :
    Airbourne : http://www.airbournerock.com/index.php?page=Index
    Opeth : http://www.opeth.com/

Both shockingly unoriginal ( Swedish prog metal...lol lol lol ). I will admit that if I was 12 or 13 I would possibly be carving Airbournes logo into school desks though !!Pipes and drums, great soul stirring ,emotive, real music, try some yersel. My point was to question the validity of EVH / Metallica as "new" in 2008, logical if you think about it. Oh and by the way, according to Malcolm Young, AC DC were a blues based hard rock band, never in a million years were they "metal". I am looking forward to the following in 2008 :

The Pipes and Drums of The Royal Regiment of Scotland ( my bruvs the drum major )
    Jimmy Shand : Old Waltzes
    Robbie Shepherd : Old time scottish dance music
    Sydney Devine

There ye go eh !

Jimmy Shand LOL!

Yeah Rob... get it rught up ye lol lol lol

Grandad rock should be right up your street you old timer

Hrm... I don't have a clue who's releasing an album this year actually. Muse might... that'd be superb!
    The music on New American Gospel has quickly become both essential and classic metal material, having already helped to revitalize and re-inspire the New Wave of American Heavy Metal and forever leaving its mark on the worldwide metal scene. With the band’s brand of death-influenced thrash metal with hardcore grooves, LAMB OF GOD continues to wave the flag for uncompromisingly heavy music

"Re inspiring the new wave of American Heavy Metal" ...great marketing speak..this stuff is minority sport, a bit like champion midget throwing competitions... new wave of american heavy metal lol lol lol lol

I like the stuff I'm listening to just now better tbh

Plus... Death-influence thrash metal is a good way of getting yourself in the frame of mind to put up with all the potential time bombs at work today.

Midget throwing? You'll not be liking that Rob... being a midget

I like the stuff I'm listening to just now better tbh

Plus... Death-influence thrash metal is a good way of getting yourself in the frame of mind to put up with all the potential time bombs at work today.

Midget throwing? You'll not be liking that Rob... being a midget
    lol lol lol, aye yer right, tried it once, was thrown 3 miles, landed on my heid, dead centre in Stroma

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post

My point was to question the validity of EVH / Metallica as "new" in 2008, logical if you think about it.
    New albums, not new bands min. That aint my point. It is simply the album your most looking forward too in 2008, not the new radio hyped rubbish artic monkeys of 2008.

I should probably admit now that I used to play in a pipeband, so i take that back.

Cheers, never heard of these bands, stopped the Kerrang when I was 12 But thanks for the information, and due to the power of the internet found these :
    Airbourne : http://www.airbournerock.com/index.php?page=Index
    Opeth : http://www.opeth.com/

Both shockingly unoriginal ( Swedish prog metal...lol lol lol ). I will admit that if I was 12 or 13 I would possibly be carving Airbournes logo into school desks though !!Pipes and drums, great soul stirring ,emotive, real music, try some yersel. My point was to question the validity of EVH / Metallica as "new" in 2008, logical if you think about it. Oh and by the way, according to Malcolm Young, AC DC were a blues based hard rock band, never in a million years were they "metal". I am looking forward to the following in 2008 :

The Pipes and Drums of The Royal Regiment of Scotland ( my bruvs the drum major )
    Jimmy Shand : Old Waltzes
    Robbie Shepherd : Old time scottish dance music
    Sydney Devine

There ye go eh !
    Opeth are more "soul stirring ,emotive, real music" than pipes to me tbh... And far more creative

And although I'm not really into them, I'm with Jeid on the Muse album, talented guys, interesting music.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay777 View Post
    Opeth are more "soul stirring ,emotive, real music"
    lolzorz!

New albums, not new bands min. That aint my point. It is simply the album your most looking forward too in 2008, not the new radio hyped rubbish artic monkeys of 2008.

I should probably admit now that I used to play in a pipeband, so i take that back.
    Yes, and honestly, nothing beats a good pipe band ! I take your point about new albums, but I made mine quite clear ( I think ) this is 2008, is there nothing happening musically with people in your age group ( ie you are probably slighter older than the Artic Monkeys I would think ) Where are the young UK hard rock bands, surely something is happening out there, something that is now, of 2008, played by young guys with a 2008 sound and attitude, are things that bad ??

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay777 View Post
    Opeth are more "soul stirring ,emotive, real music" than pipes to me tbh... And far more creative

And although I'm not really into them, I'm with Jeid on the Muse album, talented guys, interesting music.
    Muse, now yer talking, real contempory rock, these guys are of now and creating really interesting contemporary music. Opeth ? Wick Pipe Band are better !

As for Metallica... I think we could be looking at bad times. Quotes such as "we're going back to how angry we were when we made MOP" have made me suspect a St. Anger MKII. They should just remix and remaster the first 4 or 5 albums. There would be more interest in that I reckon
    Remix & Remaster - 'And Justice For All' certainly, and Remaster 'Master Of Puppets' just to give it better sound....but REMIX it???..no freaking way!...that album is mixed perfectly, you don't mess with perfection.

As for what i'm looking forward to musically this year

1) Bullet For My Valentine - Scream Aim Fire

2) Danger Danger (new album with original singer, they are a late 80's early 90's melodic rock band, i don't imagine anyone here will know of them tho, well apart from Zappster, and anyone from Wick/Thurso that went to see Kiss play at the Glasgow SECC in 1992, Danger Danger were the support band)

3) Metallica, i hope it's good, but like Jeid i wont be holding my breath

4) In Flames - A Sense Of Purpose

5) Simple Plan - Simple Plan (1st Single's Great)

6) Marcello/Vestry - S/T (Classic Old School Melodic Rock)
    http://www.myspace.com/marcellovestry

7) Hinder - TBC

8) House Of Lords - Come To My Kingdom - Here is a sample
    http://www.frontiers.it/portals/0/mu...e%20-%2003.mp3

9) Killswitch Engage, Although i dont expect this till next year

10) Children Of Bodom - TBC

11) AC/DC, i'm not expecting much from the album, but a gig would be good

12) Trivium - TBC

13) You Me At Six - TBC

14) Slipknot - TBC

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcVean View Post

Not sure if I would bother with Metallica....St Anger was pants, but heard on another forum that EXODUS have released something!! Remember them on the jukebox in the Moonshine Rockbar in Scapa House(RIP)...aaaahhh the good old days...

If some of you young uns look up a CD - Exodus - Fabulous Disaster!!!
    Yip Exodus have a new album out called 'The Atrocity Exhibition...Exhibit A, and it's fantastic, pure old school thrashing madness.

They have also released a couple other studio albums since 'Force Of Habit' way back in 1992, in 2004 they released 'Tempo Of The Damned' with Steve 'Zetro' Souza on vocals, it would have been recorded with original singer Paul Baloff after they reformed with him in 1991 after the 'Thrash Of The Titans' benefit gig for Testament's Chuck Billy who was suffering from cancer, but Baloff died of a heart attack in early 1992 so Souza recorded the album, and it's a classic Exodus album, but not long after it's release Steve Souza, Rick Hunolt & Tom Hunting all left the band

In 2005 they released a new studio album with the greatest album title of all time "Shovel Headed Kill Machine", ex Slayer/Forbidden drummer Paul Bostaph was recruited to the drum stool, Lee Altus, ex Heathen was recurited on guitar and unknown Rob Dukes replaced Souza at the mic, and damn do they do a good job, 'Shovel Headed Kill Machine' is another classic Exodus album, just like their 80's Thrash peers 'Overkill, Kreator & Tankard'....Exodus just keep putting out fantastic thrash albums.....and long may it continue

Check out some of the new Exodus stuff on their Myspace page
    http://www.myspace.com/exodus

[quote=the_big_mac;320507]New albums, not new bands min. That aint my point. It is simply the album your most looking forward too in 2008, not the new radio hyped rubbish artic monkeys of 2008.
    quote]

So the Arctic Monkeys are rubbish?

Quote Originally Posted by foreveruntitled View Post
    .........yes

[quote=foreveruntitled;320907]
    quote]

Yup

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast