Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Most anticipated album of 2008?

Default Most anticipated album of 2008?

Might aswell continue where we left off with the best of 2007.

Gotta be Metallica's new one. Hopefully a return to form!

Also, its already out, but hasnt been for long, Airbourne - Runnin Wild.

If you like AC/DC then you will simply love this. Proper oldskool headbanging music

I'm downloading the Airbourne album... wasn't sure if it'd be my type of thing... but going by the track on their website... it's quality!

As for Metallica... I think we could be looking at bad times. Quotes such as "we're going back to how angry we were when we made MOP" have made me suspect a St. Anger MKII. They should just remix and remaster the first 4 or 5 albums. There would be more interest in that I reckon.

Not sure what I'm looking forward to musically this year yet... I will eventually though

Listening to Airbourne for the first time right now: Boy, do they want to be AC/DC!! Only thing is, AC/DC do it better....

A bit like most of those retro '80s bands that have appeared recently (Tokyo Dragons, Wolfmother, Roadstar, Estrella etc.), plenty of bravado and gusto, but no substance.

Sure, it's fist-punchingly enjoyable, but you get the feeling that the kids today will be listening to it thinking that this is where it was invented. But they're wrong!!

Heh, and it seems it's up to me to educate them....
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

im not convinced...sounds like a mix between AC/DC who are awesome and cannot be copied in any way!
    a bit of status quo and the darkness...

sounds good but a tribute band in my view!

most anticipated album for me has to be the re-uniting of Extreme!!

rock on i say!! they are true funk rock gods!
    nuno bettencourt - one of the best technical and gifted guitarists ever!
    followed by a world tour with their new album!!

i'll be going to that!! woooooo! Extreme rock!!!

Wonder if Van Halen will bother recording a new album?

Opeth's new album.

And Metallica's too.... haha

Apparently Anthrax are set to release a new album in '08 too?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    Wonder if Van Halen will bother recording a new album?
    Their touring in the summer. Download maybe?

They're touring just now There's a video on youtube of EVH having a hissy fit on stage.

They're touring just now There's a video on youtube of EVH having a hissy fit on stage.
    Is Caithness, or rather are the posters here the only people on earth remotely interested in Van Halen / Metallica / AC DC ( soundalikes )...come on we are talking 2008 here !!!! Get a life !

EVH is a potential time bomb waiting to go off... of course we're interested!!

Check it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGalV-2pmQc

Check it!

What, all 4 of you are interested !! EVH will be universally popular in the metropolis of Farr my man.

count me in as bein interested - i'll be keepin my ears out for both the metallica and van halen offerings as these guys were both major influences on me when i first picked up a guitar.

i'm not so heavily into them as days gone by, but it doesn't mean i dont wanna hear what they have to offer.

searchin for the new school doesn't mean you have to abandon the old school IMHO
    "you know and i know that we talk in circles most times"

<P>
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    count me in as bein interested - i'll be keepin my ears out for both the metallica and van halen offerings as these guys were both major influences on me when i first picked up a guitar.</P>
    <P>&nbsp;</P>
    <P>i'm not so heavily into them as days gone by, but it doesn't mean i dont wanna hear what they have to offer.</P>
    <P>&nbsp;</P>
    <P>searchin for the new school doesn't mean you have to abandon the old school IMHO
    </P>
    <P>&nbsp;</P>
    <P>Van Halen was immense, re defined guitar playing in 1977 - 1980 period, first 2 albums absolutely lethal, in my opinion were a truly great influential band. ( Mind you the large raft of&nbsp;imitators were total crap ) Never got Metallica, never ever saw&nbsp;what their contribution to music&nbsp;was / is&nbsp;! Any thoughts on new stuff from recent bands&nbsp;for 2008 ?</P>
    <P>&nbsp;</P>

Check it!

The guy is now 52, the average 52 year old's drinking in a Thurso boozer are also potential time bombs. Hey Jeid just had a thought, you mus be into grand dad rock lol lol lol !!

Oi! Nothing wrong with some 'Grandad Rock'.

Take a look at Heaven & Hell for some 60-odd-year-olds still playing crushing heavy metal that the kids of today would struggle with.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

rob murray yer fast gettin outnumbered here..If ye dinna lek at style o music dinna listen to it!!
    New Paul Gilbert album oot this month is the one am lookin forward to!
    & am still keepin ma fingers crossed for something by Ratm Or AIC

Aye, im sure rob's just waiting for the new "best pipes and drums album in the world ever" or something!

You still havent told us of anything your looking forward too.

And, Airbourne are a new band, with a debut album. Opeth aint exactly mainstream, actually, I bet you aint even heard of them?

So what is your point exactly rob? There are 5 of us posting on this thread that like Metal and Hardrock, im sure it may progress ahould more people actually contribute???

Yeah Rob... get it rught up ye lol lol lol

Grandad rock should be right up your street you old timer

Hrm... I don't have a clue who's releasing an album this year actually. Muse might... that'd be superb!

Quote Originally Posted by the_big_mac View Post
    Aye, im sure rob's just waiting for the new "best pipes and drums album in the world ever" or something!

You still havent told us of anything your looking forward too.

And, Airbourne are a new band, with a debut album. Opeth aint exactly mainstream, actually, I bet you aint even heard of them?

So what is your point exactly rob? There are 5 of us posting on this thread that like Metal and Hardrock, im sure it may progress ahould more people actually contribute???
    Rob loves pipes and drums... in fact, it's his favouritest ever!

Nah, Rob's a bit of a rocker. He was a punk in his day (before punk was cool that is...)

I think I know one album he's looking forward to this year

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast