Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: HP Photosmart

Default HP Photosmart

Does anyone else have the Hp photosmart A441 Digital camera and printer?
    I'm having problems with all my photos, everyone has 'red eyes' there is an option to switch red eye off, when i do this the eyes come out jet black and it makes the person look like they should be in a horror movie.
    Any help as to what it is i'm doing wrong.

Rather than fiddle about with the technology, why not just get your subject(s) to not look directly at the camera/flash when taking the picture?

The 'red eye' effect is only the light reflecting off the retina at the back of the eye (much the same as cat's eyes light up when caught in the headlights of a car).

If the subject is looking at, say, your shoulder instead of the camera when the photo is taken, then the effect is likely to be nullified.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

For the ones that are already taken, instead of using the photosmart software you could try an image editor such as the gimp. It is very similar to adobe photoshop (what all the pro's use and costs hundreds) except its free. With a little experimentation you should be able to get it right. Remember to back up the photos before editing first though!! Just in case....

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/gim...i686-setup.exe
    Talking To God....
    http://www.fullmoon.nu/articles/art.php?id=tal

Thanks for the replys i'll give it a try.