Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Festive fly-tipping is unacceptable

Post Festive fly-tipping is unacceptable

The Caithness Business Index has posted the following article:

Festive fly-tipping is unacceptable

Over the holiday season many Scots will have a bit of a clear out, especially those who have grabbed a bargain in the sales. This inevitably means households have a number of bulky items and bags of rubbish to get rid of. ... [Read Full Article]

Whilst I agree that there is no excuse for fly tipping, I think it is about time the government did something about the amount of packaging on items being sold.

Even though we collected the wrapping paper to use to light the fire we still had 2 black bags full of packaging that couldn't be recycled, with the extra packaging involved in the christmas groceries we didd't have enough room in the bins for the extra.

Luckily we have a trailer so will be able to take this to the tip after the new year, but not everyone has transport for this.

Why should we the consumers have to deal with the excess packaging, when it is the suppliers that are causing the problem.

I am tempted to unwrap things in store and leave them with the disposal problems in future.

Grumpy rant finally over.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

let me know before you go shopping so I can come and watch
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---