Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Models required!

Default Models required!

I know that most of you that submit to this forum would rather be on the side of the camera taking the picture but while i'm home and can make the most of the back drop and landscape i want a couple of shoots. For that i require models, usually i'd beg and plead with all my non arty friends who would love some time in the lime light but they're all returning back to uni while i have time off back here because my work is assessed rather than having exams!

Let me know if you're interested, would be a fab help! The only other thing would be availablity during the day, for weekends i imagine this might be easier for most people but if you can make it during the day on a week day even better!

This is the horrible last bit that will probably put most people off, if you're not already discouraged! Unfortunatly due to my circumstances i.e being a poor student i won't be able to offer payment, however all models will get copies of the images they appear in and are free to do whatever they like with them.

No i've got some time off to do some of my own work i want to get into some new stuff and experiment some more!

Private message me or reply to the thread!

Thanks Muchly

Carrie

Would you be interested in photographing children or dogs?
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

I'm very sorry Julia but the kind of work i'm planning isn't quite suited for child models or pets. Thank you for replying though.

6'2" 300lbs model here?

Maybe not eh

But....if you are after something different I could pose in camoflage with a pop gun?
    Last edited by Riffman; 02-Jan-08 at 14:21.

Quote Originally Posted by CGinniver View Post
    I'm very sorry Julia but the kind of work i'm planning isn't quite suited for child models or pets. Thank you for replying though.
    What kind of work are you planning? it's not naked models you require is it?

Quote Originally Posted by angela5 View Post
    What kind of work are you planning? it's not naked models you require is it?

thats what i was starting to think eek:
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

Oh heck, could you imagine...in this weather.
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

At least you would have a nice pair of " organ stops " for the wet t-shirt shots ! lol jan x
    computer says no ........

There is no way i would even dare ask for naked models in such a narrowminded and small community. Which immediately spark offense i'm sure at that comment. But it is true, you couldn't get away with controversial work in Caithness a David LaChapelle or Joel Peter Witkin wouldn't last a day here. I require adult models to engage in more adult BUT NOT SEXUAL surreal scenes. My work is usually more of the conceptual side than pretty pictures, i'm interested in more than something pretty to look at.
    I thank all of those who have contacted me and appreciate their help with especially as i'm already asking alot.

Maybe you're looking for models to be wearing ski wear or something then?

I'll model for you lol..................but you will have to wait until i get my false teeth back

Quote Originally Posted by CGinniver View Post
    There is no way i would even dare ask for naked models in such a narrowminded and small community.
    I dare say there may well be a few narrow minded locals but don't tar us all with the same brush!

I've sketched/painted many a nude life model, male and female, here in Wick!

Cheer up CGinniver we're no all like you describe, you might have met one or two but give us some credit.

Aye, give me a few drams and I'd dance about naked in the hills no bother lol. It wouldna be the first time

A few drams, a game oh strip poker and CGinniver clicking away.

I may be wrong but have Angela5 and Connieb19 just volunteered to model...

Right folks, all seriously still intereted private message me, i need a couple of days to get some proper locations and stuff down and i need to pop back to Aberdeen to hand my stuff in for assessment so shooting will start the earliest 8th of Jan.
    I'm aware that we've some lovely openminded people in the community, however it's the opposite i've had the luck to come up against most of the time!
    As for any questions for what the images might be used in/for they will just go into my personal portfolio. They may be used in my course work at Gray's and therfore be seen by my tutors and fellow students.
    Much thanks to everyone! x

CGinniver,
    I do think you will get a far more focused (pun intended!!) and positive response from this sort of request if you actually give a far more detailed specification on your proposed image/photography subject matter etc. that models are required for.

Other than the mention of non-payment and "some new stuff and experiment some more!" there was very little for the reader to go on other than the wild and "narrow minded" speculation. (Hence the responses you received here!!)

I hope you get some useful responses and your proposed session goes well. As should be obvious from the variety of posts in this section, there is a very wide range (and so there should be on a public forum) of photographic skills and opinions.

Just my pennies worth!
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

Sent you a pm

Default modelling

sent u pm