Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Help /advice on bt wireless

Default Help /advice on bt wireless

Right , im not very good at explaining things but i want to add another pc to my exsisting wirless. In my terms THICK how do i do it ???? any help info would be much appriciated thanks jan xx
    computer says no ........

Does the PC/Laptop have a wireless capability and are you using the BT Homehub?

What operating system are you using?
    ............................AHOY HOY........................

I have BT internet and to add my daughter to our wireless connection I ran the BT setup disc on it. You select the option to add another pc/laptop/game etc option and follow the instructions. Her laptop also picked up the wireless connection by itself, but I added BT to her laptop so that she is able to use my free wi-fi minutes when she is near a BT hotspot.

Quote Originally Posted by quirbal View Post
    Does the PC/Laptop have a wireless capability and are you using the BT Homehub?

What operating system are you using?
    yes i have the hub phone its a pc not l/t ur asking a thick o here whats the o/system ?? I going to make myself look a right pleb now lol jan x

Quote Originally Posted by colmac View Post
    I have BT internet and to add my daughter to our wireless connection I ran the BT setup disc on it. You select the option to add another pc/laptop/game etc option and follow the instructions. Her laptop also picked up the wireless connection by itself, but I added BT to her laptop so that she is able to use my free wi-fi minutes when she is near a BT hotspot.
    Thanks for that i will go find my disc and see what happens next. Im really hopeless at all this pc chat ,dont understand a thing, just know how to push a few buttons.......i mean keys lol jan x

Quote Originally Posted by paris View Post
    yes i have the hub phone its a pc not l/t ur asking a thick o here whats the o/system ?? I going to make myself look a right pleb now lol jan x
    Oh dear .lol its windows xp told you i was bad at this jan x

Quote Originally Posted by colmac View Post
    Thanks for that, thats a great help !! jan xx