Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: M3 DS Simply - Nintendo DS Game ROM Player

Default M3 DS Simply - Nintendo DS Game ROM Player

Unbelievable bit of kit this - was asked to set one of these up for someone and I've ended up ordering one for my OH's birthday.

This cartridge, along with files freely downloadable from the Internet, let you play pretty much any game released on the DS! For someone with any techie knowledge it only takes 10 minutes to get up and running (excepting the downloading of the ROMs, although I was lucky enough to get hold of a DVD full of them so only need to find the newer ones she wants).

You can see the full blurb here and I've ordered OH's from here along with a 2Gb micro SD card, although they do sell them without the card, or with a 1Gb option. Approx. £45 makes it a cheap option - less than 2 full priced games!

The ROMs (NDS files) I've found by the bucketfull with P2P software (I use eMule and search for nds "(E)" which only shows English language ROMs.

If you want any more info then give me a shout.

Same thing with PSP's and the M3 firmware.

Piracy 4 the win.

We are going to order the R4DS for my wee lass'

It's much and such the same piece of kit! it's £29.99 (+ the price of a 2 gig micro SD card - £12)

My nephew has it on his and it's a fantastic bit of kit!

http://www.consoleup.com/shop/Console/R4-DS/R4-DS-for-Nintendo-DS/

*Edit*

BTW you can also download (U) as these are USA (english)

A good site I just found is

http://www.nds-roms.com

Although the only downside is it only lets you download one game at a time.

But I tried downloading 2 gig of games from uTorrent last night. I left the pc running until this morning and It had only gotten to 13.75%!

From the above site I have managed almost 3gig in 2 and a bit hours!
    Last edited by *Martin*; 30-Dec-07 at 00:47.

Thanks for that *Martin* - I did wonder what the (U) ones were! At least I know I can download them too if I'm looking for one in particular.

Now all they need to do is something similar for my Wii and I'll be well happy!

Quote Originally Posted by *Martin* View Post
    But I tried downloading 2 gig of games from uTorrent last night. I left the pc running until this morning and It had only gotten to 13.75%!

From the above site I have managed almost 3gig in 2 and a bit hours!

Using Utorrent you're downloading from other people so it requires them to upload it too. So twice the work and it's also dependant on yours AND their connection speeds. Plus a lot of ISP's 'throttle' the ports used by P2P programs.

If you're downloading from a website it's already been uploaded and it's a direct connection. It's always going to be a lot quicker!